Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
old timers look here  must be 50+ years only >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Old 11-10-2021, 07:00 AM

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

That's what I need to do walk instead of sitting in front of this computer all day, I like the pooch, very pretty.
Upon arriving at the hospital the parking lot was packed with vehicles and I had to walk a distance. the longest in years ...I am in bad shape.

Now that my prostate biopsy is done maybe I will never have to be bothered by it again, the LAB. test will tell us if I am in trouble or not for surely they have enough samples, 12 in all and it is not a pleasant feeling getting shot with that many hollow needles yet not as intrusive as I assumed. Most sensations of the procedure are subsiding but the blood in my urine surprised me though I was informed about it's occurrence. I am hopeful all this poking and prodding leads to a more normal life style.

Old 11-10-2021, 09:08 AM

Received 161 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!!

That's quite a puppy!!! Going to be VERY impressive when he grows up.
He's a she Skylark Flier and she's three and a half years old!

We go for a walk every morning and evening except for those days when I go flying, then she stays in the van but is allowed to run around the field at close of play.
The following users liked this post:
skylark-flier (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 03:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

David, the caption on your last pic was perfect. I’m sure you replied, “Not at all”! 🤣
Donny, here’s hoping for good results from your procedure. Getting poked and prodded is no fun.
Old 11-10-2021, 11:30 PM

Lest We Forget Gentlemen.

The following 2 users liked this post by Telemaster Sales UK:
biam (11-11-2021), skylark-flier (11-15-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 06:07 AM

I had to be reminded of veterans day this morning I do not keep such events in mind as so many other things keep me occupied. I have to be reminded of my birthday sometimes.

House hunting is still on going, my wife is still locked on Arkansas so we can be close to her family they will be moving into their new residence this month. Being close to them is not one of my favorite thoughts. meanwhile I am building up a nest egg for a good down payment for our next domicile no matter where it is. now if I could get up the steam to put my modelling stuff up for sale so moving it won't be a massive headache.

I have been taking it super easy in hopes to minimize bleeding but it seems to be ineffective I am concerned about all this blood kinda scary.

By the way what is this little box of silly video stuff that is bouncing around our posts? it is distracting!

Last edited by donnyman; 11-11-2021 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:56 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK

Does my tail look big in this?
No more than it normally does.
The following users liked this post:
Telemaster Sales UK (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 11:27 PM

Your humble servant on the left, at the village war memorial, presenting a wreath on behalf of the local British community. 11th November 2021.

There are seventy-nine names from WW1 on that memorial.

The following 2 users liked this post by Telemaster Sales UK:
robin24 (04-16-2022), skylark-flier (11-12-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 05:07 AM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi Donny, I know exactly how you feel as I've been there and done that, as for several years I've had a rather troublesome prostrate and have done four rounds of biopsies, and I'm sure you found out they are not too enjoyable. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that like me all of your tests will prove negative.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:21 AM

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts

Your humble servant on the left, at the village war memorial, presenting a wreath on behalf of the local British community. 11th November 2021. There are seventy-nine names from WW1 on that memorial.
Very nice and very respectful toward the survivors of those deceased veterans, Telemaster. As time progresses, unfortunately I find that not all are respectful toward fallen patriots. I read the history of that war, it was interesting how that even Christians on both sides fought against each other, but not by their own choosing.

Was part of a team on 11/11 that set up at dawn and take down at dusk, 250 flags here in Clovis for the Kiwanis flag program. Recipients who donate have a flag on pole that we place to a rebar holder in the ground (or holder mounted elsewhere) at their residence or business 10 times (holidays) a year. Fortunately in this rural town, people more or less still respect the flag.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:04 AM

I found this on a well-known social media website. I don't know wheter it's true or not but if it is, it makes you think.

If you stood on a street corner at 9am and watched the spirits of the dead British World War 1 soldiers march by four abreast, the column would stretch 97 miles and would take 20 hours (or until 5am the next morning) to pass you.
The French dead would take an additional 51 hours and the German dead 59 hours.
Considering all the dead on the Western Front, this parade would last from 9am Thursday until 4pm Tuesday and would stretch over 386 miles.

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 11-14-2021 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:20 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 281 Likes on 243 Posts

Mind boggling!
Old 11-14-2021, 11:15 AM

Absolutely mind boggling stats.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:04 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hello!

Hello All!

Donnyman just invited me to join the discussion over here so I thought I would introduce myself with a few pics of my hanger and of my "stash" of future projects . To be honest, I have not been as active with RC last couple of years, so most of my projects are on hold. I have been dealing with a few health issues, but also spending a bit more time with my other passion of woodworking, so I have also include a phot of a rocking horse I made for my grandson last year.

Al

Old 11-14-2021, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by karolh
Absolutely mind boggling stats.
Ok two more Great War statistics for you, then we'll get back to aeromodelling.Welcome to the thread AY Modeller, that rocking horse is excellent!

The Battle of Verdun fought between the French and the Germans, still holds two world records.

It's the longest battle in history. It started in February 1916 and didn't finish until November 1916.

Secondly, it is calculated that if we could revive all of the men who died in the Battle of Verdun, and if we were to ask them to stand on the spot where they were killed, there would not be sufficient space on the battlefield to allow them to do so.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:01 PM

Default biopsy

KAROLH

If my results prove negative I wont have to be checked ever again So my hopes are up. the experience is not pleasant.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:24 PM

AYMODELER

Happy to see you dropped by.............................WELCOME!

You have a very neat shop.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by donnyman
AYMODELER

Happy to see you dropped by.............................WELCOME!

You have a very neat shop.
Thanks, but those are very (shall we say) "selective" photos

Usually, I am tripping over the clutter ... so I decide to clean everything up. Of course, once I do that, I end up spending half my time trying to remember where I put stuff!

Here is a more typical photo. If you look carefully, you'll find three different airplane projects under the various piles of junk. First prize goes to anyone who correctly names all 3

Old 11-14-2021, 05:32 PM

Welcome. You do have some nice looking models and a seemingly well equipped shop.
Old 11-14-2021, 05:57 PM

Nice man cave, aymodeler and an efficient hangar storage system for the models, good set of kits too. Really nice rocking horse, for the grandchildren?

The Battle of Verdun fought between the French and the Germans, still holds two world records. It's the longest battle in history. It started in February 1916 and didn't finish until November 1916. Secondly, it is calculated that if we could revive all of the men who died in the Battle of Verdun, and if we were to ask them to stand on the spot where they were killed, there would not be sufficient space on the battlefield to allow them to do so.
Thanks for sharing these historical facts, Telemaster. It is amazing the amount of death and destruction that occurred there. I gather that from Thessalonians 4:16,17, those dead in Christ will arise first, then those of us still remaining in the last times with join up with them after. During Christmas time, I heard a story that with a cease fire in place, men on both sides were singing Christmas carols in their own language, and joining singing both side together. It must have been a sight to behold.

That displeased the leadership, and so after, it was back to war as usual.

Last edited by GallopingGhostler; 11-14-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:44 PM

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I do enjoy my man-cave! The rocking horse was for my grandson's first birthday.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:29 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 281 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by aymodeler
Thanks, but those are very (shall we say) "selective" photos

Usually, I am tripping over the clutter ... so I decide to clean everything up. Of course, once I do that, I end up spending half my time trying to remember where I put stuff!

Here is a more typical photo. If you look carefully, you'll find three different airplane projects under the various piles of junk. First prize goes to anyone who correctly names all 3

I checked out your blog I have an unfinished TF 182 project as well.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:26 PM

I particularly like the Hurricane Al, one of my all time favourites. Please provide details.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
Nice man cave, aymodeler and an efficient hangar storage system for the models, good set of kits too. Really nice rocking horse, for the grandchildren?

Thanks for sharing these historical facts, Telemaster. It is amazing the amount of death and destruction that occurred there. I gather that from Thessalonians 4:16,17, those dead in Christ will arise first, then those of us still remaining in the last times with join up with them after. During Christmas time, I heard a story that with a cease fire in place, men on both sides were singing Christmas carols in their own language, and joining singing both side together. It must have been a sight to behold.

That displeased the leadership, and so after, it was back to war as usual.
One hundred years later a British supermarket chain produced a very moving advert on the theme. It's worth watching if you've a few minutes to spare.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:45 AM

That ad was really nice, Telemaster, yes, a good reenactment of what I read not long ago about the history.

I have learned over time, that no matter where I've been, that people are people, no matter the race, creed or colour. Some vilify others, because they claim an inferiority, a certain hatred because of this or that. I've learned no matter the race or background, there are amongst all both good and bad people. Some here in US have claimed that the Indigenous are lazy, no good for nothing, yet I worked on one of their reserves, surrounded by such. I found like in all people, good and bad. I found some of the hardest working, enjoyed the office environment relatively free from overall bigotry I saw in others.

In another office of the same reserve, my supervisor asked me to assist the housing manager to develop a project to update code safety, correct deficiencies in government provided teacher's cottages at the various remote school campus locations on the reserves. We had the keys to get in being central facilities management while the teachers were busy at work. We got to see how these teachers lived, some very neat and clean, others atrociously the opposite, (week's worth of dirty dishes in the sink, spoiled left over pizza in boxes, overflowing trash bins, insects running wild, a real pigsty of housekeeping). This was regardless of skin colour fairest to darkest, historic national origin, etc. That really opened my eyes.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:44 AM

Yes, the Christmas Truce was really rather special but in reality the Germans approached the British first and there was no snow on the ground at the time.

Some German soldiers in one location continued to walk about in No Man's Land between the trenches until 11th January 1915 and refused to get back into their trenches until sunset. Their commanding officer got a message to his opposite number in the British trenches asking him to fire upon his men. The British CO refused on the grounds that the men were unarmed!

Such gentlemanly conduct ceased on 24th April 1915 when the Germans used poison gas for the first time...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.