Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

And so it begins

Old 01-07-2015, 12:38 PM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default And so it begins

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/ama...new-york-city/
Old 01-07-2015, 01:29 PM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That article is a GREAT example I shall use when asked 'What exactly does the AMA do??'
THANK YOU ERIC WILLIAMS and the AMA!!
The article should make the lawmakers at bare minimum realize the proposed ban needs to be tweaked.
(a VERY Similar Ban was proposed in Boynton Beach Florida last year... it was NOT adopted for the same reasons Mr. Williams pointed out, apparently they simple had not "thought it through".)
Old 01-07-2015, 04:45 PM
binns aero

And so it does. We know were the AMA stands on this issue, As Eric said alot of the problems were caused by none AMA members,So if we the AMA put up a fight for our rights in NYC who are we fighting to protect?, the none AMA pilots who could care less? Just thinkin, thats all.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:41 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

The fight is to protect the hobby, not the people per se.

I think this is what's coming to many cities and municipalities, NYC might be taking the lead on it. It's great to see the AMA getting involved, I hope there is a groundswell of support from the local AMA leadership and a concerted effort by all modelers in the area to have their voices hear. Eric touched on the benefits of this hobby, now would be a good time to see the members of the local clubs get in touch with their local politicians and voice their concern. Also a good time for them to highlight the possible economic benefit that this hobby brings to their communities, as well as any other good deeds the clubs do (community outreach, interaction with civic clubs, charity functions etc etc).
Old 01-08-2015, 04:36 AM
HunkaJunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can bet that any legislation on UAVs in New York City will include language exempting themselves (government) from any such restrictions. New York City is notorious for this behavior in all aspects of legislation.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Taildragger
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you AMA from a proud member!