Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Going Electric Selling Nitro Stuff Question

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Going Electric Selling Nitro Stuff Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:11 PM
MachTuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Electric Selling Nitro Stuff Question

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and I have been building and flying models for about 25 years and flying full size airplanes for about the same time. I going electric and I'm not really interested in converting what I have to electric so I'm looking to sell my nitro airplanes and accessories. There is a flea market coming up on the 22nd at Markham Park in Fort Lauderdale and I'd like to be prepared. I've searched on this forum and elsewhere and I haven't been able to come up with values for my older nitro models. I'd like to sell them at a reasonable prices not too high and not too low. I have:

Older Avistar-OS .46 with flaperons in excellent shape flown a dozen times or so. Includes servos and FM Rcvr. Any idea what I should ask?

Older Big Stick 40-OS.46 Tail Dragger Conversion with Oversized Rudder with Estes Rockets(2) mounts under the wing in excellent shape except some hangar rash on one side of the tail flown a dozen times or so. (I know AMA doesn't allow estes rockets LOL.) Includes servos and FM Rcvr. Any idea what I should ask?

Sukhoi SU-29-Super Tiger .75 with Pitts Muffler remote glow and wobble fuel pump in very good shape. A few scrapes on the wing tips due to the many dead stick landings I had to make before I installed the wobble pump. Includes servos and FM Rcvr. Any idea what I should ask?

A Neuport 17-OS Wankel in good shape. I went overboard on the detail but the engine doesn't produce the power to fly the model so I shelved it. It needs a 50 4 stroke at least. Is the engine worth anything with the original box? Includes servos and FM Rcvr. Any idea what I should ask?

I also have a Dave Platt T-28 Short Kit. Plans, Laser Cut Wood, Dummy Engine, Dummy 3-Blade Prop, Cockpit Interior, and Pilot Figure. Any idea what I should get for this?

I have older FM Radios that I will include with the models, but I don't think there worth anything. Thanks for your input. My apologies if this is posted to the wrong sub forum, if it is could you kindly point me to where it should be.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Avistar_zpsvjfcdi2v.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	2069877   Click image for larger version

Name:	UglyStick_zpsfirhh09k.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2069878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocket_zpsskmrs447.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	2069879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sukhoi_zps6mq4c65s.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	2069880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Neuport_zpsm66z5usu.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	2069881  
Old 02-02-2015, 05:29 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

All can be converted to EP
Old 02-02-2015, 05:46 PM
MachTuck

Yep. Between work and other projects I'm already past the 24 hours in a day.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:02 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend you just keep the Avistar and Big Stick. I think you will be disappointed with what you could sell them for. And who knows, you might want to try glow again sometime in the future.

The Sukhoi and the Neuport would be worth more, if you can find the right buyer. The Wankel is valuable and can easily be sold online if you part it out.
Generally, swap meets are not great places to sell stuff. People who go to swap meets are looking for steals, like pennies on the dollar. The RCUniverse classified, RCGroup classified and eBay are more likely to get you a fair price.

FM receivers have little value. Maybe $10 each, again, if you find the right buyer. PCM receivers are another story.

As far as what you should ask, I would look through the online auctions and classified ads and see what similar items are selling for.

Last edited by JPMacG; 02-02-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:37 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi MachTuck ,

In my opinion , the .40 sized models will bring $150 to maybe $200 tops depending on venue . The Sukhoi will go $200 to $300 and the Newport right at around $250 , seeing as it needs a more powerful engine . That $250 estimate is without the Wankel , of course , as that should fetch $250 to $300 itself if in nice condition in it's box and not roasted from being in the Newport's cowl . The OS Wankel runs notoriously HOT when cowled in on most models . This is why I chose the simplest model possible to fly and show mine , the Tower Hobbies "Uproar" .

I don't fly much of my glow stuff lately , but I'm still not ready for the giant task it would be to properly sell off all of my engine powered stuff .
Old 02-04-2015, 03:16 PM
MachTuck

Thanks for the input. It looks like my best bet for the Sukhoi, Dave Platt T-28 Short Kit and options, and the Wankel are listing them on RC Universe and RCGroup.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

That's a smart move, I ditched most of my nitro stuff too. Definitely a good time- diehards are still buying them, however with electric taking over from 46 and down, and the new gas/glow tech ready to wipe out anything above that, sell it all while there's some residual value left.