Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ripped off By Hobby King!!!

Old 06-15-2018, 07:21 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Veich
Gotta disagree with the "love 'em or hate 'em" crowd. I am what I would classify as neutral in terms of my feelings for HK. I've probably ordered from them a dozen times at most, almost exclusively small stuff but one or two orders that were a couple hundred bucks or more. I have always ordered with them expecting that, sooner or later, I would get screwed. I have not yet but won't be surprised if it happens. But, bottom line, I can live with or without them and am not firmly planted in either the love 'em or hate 'em camp.
So , for the important question , how do ya feel about the New York Yankees ?
Old 06-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
So , for the important question , how do ya feel about the New York Yankees ?
I have no feelings whatsoever for the New York Yankees, or any baseball team for that matter. HobbyKing at least offers a few things of interest. Baseball, nothing at all.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:14 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

haha,, some seem to live by the "you're either with us or against us" mentality,,, so if you're on the fence you're a target for both sides
Old 06-15-2018, 01:35 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
haha,, some seem to live by the "you're either with us or against us" mentality,,, so if you're on the fence you're a target for both sides
Meh , my yankees comment was a joke , kinda like what this whole thread , including your post , is . And yea , some seem to take this FAR more seriously than others , eh scale ?
Old 06-15-2018, 02:37 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Meh , my yankees comment was a joke , kinda like what this whole thread , including your post , is . And yea , some seem to take this FAR more seriously than others , eh scale ?
R U a Hatfield? Or a McCoy? I like the old Testors McCoy engines. Does that make Fox engine lovers Hatfield's? I like my scale GP Big Stick 60! Russian Collusion was involved as it is powered by an MDS Pro .58! and convinced me to power my Goldberg Falcon III with a Norvel Big Mig .40!

(Sorry, I got carried away!)
Old 06-15-2018, 03:19 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
R U a Hatfield? Or a McCoy? I like the old Testors McCoy engines. Does that make Fox engine lovers Hatfield's? I like my scale GP Big Stick 60! Russian Collusion was involved as it is powered by an MDS Pro .58! and convinced me to power my Goldberg Falcon III with a Norvel Big Mig .40!

(Sorry, I got carried away!)
No No No my Friend , Testors was the worst thing to happen to McCoy , those damn "series 21" engines were the final nail in the coffin !

But seriously , as evidenced by my participation in this thread I've made a "target"(Scale's accusation of me) of no one , my only point being that most folks either love or hate HK , and despite Scale's accusation to the contrary I have not denigrated anyone here on either side of the HK issue .

In fact , I defy Scale or anyone else to quote a post of mine from this thread doing anything but pointing out the "love/hate" thing , and just outright poking fun at the very subject .

Some guys just gotta find a bogeyman hiding under EVERY bed , eh scale ?
Old 06-15-2018, 05:22 PM
scale only 4 me

A little touchy,, eh buddy,, I was really thinking of the more militant HK haters and defenders who have posted here over the years,, not you specifically at all,,, so yeah,,, Meh
Old 06-15-2018, 05:49 PM
init4fun

A little touchy,, eh buddy,, I was really thinking of the more militant HK haters and defenders who have posted here over the years,, not you specifically at all,,, so yeah,,, Meh
Since it's quite obvious who your post was directed toward , I believe my point has been made , there truly IS no "touchiness" here . You see scale , quite some time ago I came to the realization that for the most part (guys like Chad excepted) folks either DO love or hate HK and no amount of typing on anyone's part is ever gonna change that . I do not denigrate folks who shop there , other people's hobby spending not being on my radar , I just hope for them that they do get something useful for their money spent . It seems some do , and some don't , and that in itself is what drives the love/hate HK saga . I do believe the hobby does need an inexpensive , entry level distributor to cater to those testing the RC hobby's attraction for themselves , and my only complaint with HK is the complete hit or miss customer service and reading thread after thread of folks not getting what they paid for .

Of course , in the reading of other threads around here this may all become a moot point , and we can only hope that the "Hobby Emperor" that rises from HK's ashes will step up the customer service a notch or two
Old 06-15-2018, 05:54 PM
GallopingGhostler

No No No my Friend , Testors was the worst thing to happen to McCoy , those damn "series 21" engines were the final nail in the coffin !
Series 21's downfall was their heavy weight for the small additional power they provided over the Red Heads. They were better technology using the Dykes piston ring, overcoming the soft iron piston problems of the Red Head, but still retained the traditional cross scavenge design. Although various modeling magazines toted the "superior" finned crankcases for denser air fuel charge delivery to the combustion chamber, the overall weight increase was disproportionate to the improvements. Personally, I think it was more of a fashion statement, much like later OS that painted their LA engines blue, abandoning coloring as modelers really didn't care for it. Testors should have but avoided going to newer porting technologies like Schneurle that other companies were going to.

Back in the early 1970's, I and my brother were purchasing the 21's on clearance from local hobby stores for less than $5 a pop. As young men we both had at least a half dozen each. Current CL fliers have been adapting parts from the 21's to upgrade the Red Head's. Some sizes are basically drop in's, others the Dykes piston can be used in a Lightning Bolt Red Head cylinder sleeve. I forget what sizes. Some require a little machining.

Anyway, I've a Series 21 .40 reserved for a Brodak Profile Oriental kit I've yet to build.

Also, the so-called trade deficit has been going on for a long, long time. But, as an individual and modeler, these are policies that go beyond my pay grade, there's not much I can do, so I take advantage of the situation and make the best of it. All others do too, although they may not admit it.

There is more to life, and we all will eventually bite the dust, all owned become auction items at an estate sale, and ad nauseum. So, I don't fret one way or another. It is what it is.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:29 AM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
R U a Hatfield? Or a McCoy?
We had one of each in our platoon during basic training at Ft McClellan, Alabama in the summer of 1980. They were inseparable best friends.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:52 AM
GallopingGhostler

Originally Posted by flyboy2610
We had one of each in our platoon during basic training at Ft McClellan, Alabama in the summer of 1980. They were inseparable best friends.
I'd expect a few changes over 150 years. McCoy is an old Irish name; Hatfield old English, hence the feuding back then? Too bad 70 years ago that there wasn't an engine manufacturer named Hatfield. Then feuding could occur in the control line combat circles.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:11 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to laugh here scale. The FCC has levied nearly 3 million in fines against Hobby King and their satellite of shell companies in the United States. They are also having yet another liquidation sale and if that isn't enough for ya, their guy in New York, the one who pretended to help customers, seems to have split so I have to assume they closed down their Ney York office. I'm also going to assume they will be closing the US warehouse (ABC Fulfillment LLC) after they unload all of the goods. So with the trade war heating up with China, and the FCC fine hammer cramping their ability to operate in the US, looks like you will have to find another company to apologize for. It's been fun.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:55 AM
scale only 4 me

I challenge you to find one time I ever defended Hobby King,, Pointing out other's lies doesn't count

and p.s. I couldn't care less if they go under..
Old 06-20-2018, 09:04 AM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by topspin
I have to laugh here scale. The FCC has levied nearly 3 million in fines against Hobby King and their satellite of shell companies in the United States. They are also having yet another liquidation sale and if that isn't enough for ya, their guy in New York, the one who pretended to help customers, seems to have split so I have to assume they closed down their Ney York office. I'm also going to assume they will be closing the US warehouse (ABC Fulfillment LLC) after they unload all of the goods. So with the trade war heating up with China, and the FCC fine hammer cramping their ability to operate in the US, looks like you will have to find another company to apologize for. It's been fun.
I looked this up. Those are proposed fines it looks like. HK still can file a rebuttal & stretch it out for months. But anyway so what? That's not germane to the subject being discussed here.

CR
Old 06-20-2018, 05:38 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course it pertains to this subject. It shows just what kind of company HK is and what type of people are in charge. They ignored the FCC's inquiry's and this won't end well for HK.

FCC-18-71A1.pdf
Old 06-20-2018, 05:39 PM
flyinwalenda

Of course it pertains to this subject. It shows just what kind of company HK is and what type of people are in charge. They ignored the FCC's inquiry's and this won't end well for HK.

FCC-18-71A1.pdf
Old 06-21-2018, 03:04 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda

Attachment 2261038
LOL Brian did you even read the first post,, the OP subject was that USPS lost a package,, still trying to figure out how that was HKs fault
Old 06-21-2018, 04:00 AM
GallopingGhostler

Here is the OP's message with all the confusing HTML tags removed.

Originally Posted by intruderoutbound
Hello Everyone,
I have a huge problem. I don't know what to do and it was suggested to post a complaint here to get some response. I ordered Batteries from the east coast warehouse on 1-23-15 and then after a week started watching the progress of the shipment. Here is what it said.

in transit, delayed Parcel Select
Features: USPS Tracking
Dead Mail / Sent to Mail Recovery Center
The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item could not be delivered or returned to the sender. It is being forwarded to a USPS mail recovery center where it will be processed.

January 28, 2015 , 6:29 am
Departed USPS Facility
FOREST PARK, IL 60130

January 27, 2015 , 11:57 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
FOREST PARK, IL 60130

January 24, 2015 , 2:40 pm
Departed USPS Facility
FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003

January 24, 2015 , 3:16 am
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003

January 23, 2015 , 3:51 pm
Departed Post Office
TACOMA, WA 98413

January 23, 2015 , 3:43 pm
Departed Post Office
TACOMA, WA 98413

January 23, 2015 , 2:30 pm
Picked up by Request
TACOMA, WA 98413

Ok, So I email Hobby King and since then I have gotten a runaround about the Batteries I paid for already and cant get any service from hobby king now to get this resolved. Here is what they have posted after several emails back and forth.

Jessie Xu, Apr 11,12:48:
Hi Randy,
Thank you for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience that have caused for you. Please be informed that we have requested to open investigation to track your order. The investigation will take 4 to 8 weeks to complete. We advise that you come back to us for update after one month. Please wait for the investigation results patiently. I will close this ticket temporarily, later, you can write a email to follow up it. Your understanding and patience for this matter would be highly appreciated.
Have a niceday!

Catherine N., Feb 8,09:09:
Hi Randy,
Good Day!
Due to unexpected high volume of messages, we had a hard time coping up on the emails that we have received. We are sorry for the delay in response, though we are trying our best to provide the necessary help.
Thank you for the information, Randy. We are sorry to know that USPS has lost the order. May we ask if you have received an email or a letter from the USPS? Kindly provide us a scanned copy for this so that we can check and take necessary action with your concern. We are looking forward for your response for further assistance.We do hope for your patience and understanding.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
For self help on your HobbyKing.com inquiries, you may also check our Help Center. Simply login to your account, click Contact Us, and click the Customer Support Center.
Regards,
Catherine N.
HobbyKing Support Team

Your request (#1516064) has been updated.
To review the status of the request and add additional comments, please visit www.HobbyKing.com

Catherine N., Feb 11,07:58:
Hi Randy,
Good Day!
We at Hobbyking, would like to apologize for the long wait for a response in your support ticket 1516064. We are currently dealing with unusual high volume of inquiries through our ticketing system. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your effort on contacting your local service. I understand that you want to have a refund, however, please be advised we need an updates and confirmation in our warehouse department for the returned parcel before we do that. We need to follow our process, please bear with us. For now, we have to wait the updates and confirmation for the returned parcel since it cannot be delivered in your country. All I can offer are more apologies for this extended delay as I appeal once again for more patience and understanding from you.
Rest assured that we'll keep this ticket open until the issue has been sorted out. Thank you.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
For self help on your HobbyKing inquiries, you may also check our Help Center by clicking "24 hour Support Centre" on the upper right part of our website.
Regards,
Catherine N.
HobbyKing Support Team

Randy, Feb 10, 22:56:
Catherine,
Did you not receive my email and READ IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SAY to check with my local parcel service, I DID they say it is what I am telling you! Attached was a copy of the tracking # page I gave our Parcel service. The attachment is proof that I will not get it. I want my money back!!!!
Randy
So Now what do I do guys?? Should I contact my State Attorney General?? Randy
Old 06-21-2018, 04:43 AM
flyinwalenda

LOL Brian did you even read the first post,, the OP subject was that USPS lost a package,, still trying to figure out how that was HKs fault
Sure did !
IF HK was a stand up,responsible, respectable company they would have taken care of the customer immediately. Fact is they don't care about customers problems, infringing on patents/trademarks, the FCC, etc..etc...
Old 06-21-2018, 06:51 AM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Sure did !
IF HK was a stand up,responsible, respectable company they would have taken care of the customer immediately. Fact is they don't care about customers problems, infringing on patents/trademarks, the FCC, etc..etc...
You paint with too broad a brush. I'm going to quit feeding the troll.

CR
Old 06-21-2018, 10:57 AM
scale only 4 me

Yeah, no need to argue in circles on this one,, For these guys everything is HKs fault,, even when it's not
Old 06-21-2018, 02:04 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Same people, same predictions, sky is falling since HK started.
After 40+ orders and a hand full of claims I have always gotten a replacement or refund.
I believe the first years HK's customer service really sucked, but I didn't have any bad experiences.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:50 PM
tntpooof

learn how to use whatever form you paid for your items.almost all ways of payment have a customer satisfaction point use it. not feeding these trolls.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:47 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by tntpooof
learn how to use whatever form you paid for your items.almost all ways of payment have a customer satisfaction point use it. not feeding these trolls.
Member since February of this year? Wow, can you say forum cred? Not.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:14 AM
scale only 4 me

Yo, It's rcdog69,, no mistaking that writing style,, Top,, give the guy a break,, you guys have something in common

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.