Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Sold

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 07:31 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold

The other day I listed an item on the trade forum 4 sale.
The next da I got an offer. I filled out the invoie form and submitted it.
Shortly I received a n email that my invoice had been returned for policy.
I initiated a ticket and this is the response I got:

TECHNICAL SUPPORT RESPONSE TO TICKET 29766:

---------------------------------------------
This is unfortunately the result of Yahoo changing the configuration of their email servers. The change is causing problems for sites like RCUniverse which send emails between users of Yahoo.com. Our IT staff has contacted Yahoo concerning this and updated our site to Yahoo's new requirements. Yahoo has confirmed we conform to their requirements yet they still continue to block emails to members with Yahoo email addresses. The only solution we can offer is to use a non-Yahoo email address in your account and/or contact Yahoo for further assistance.
-----

At least they could have sent the invoice themselves.
I guess the buyer thinks I am a scammer as I have heard no more from him.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:10 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is unfortunately a long running issue with Yahoo. We cannot become involved in transactions. Please use the contact information provided to you on the invoice you created and reach out to the buyer. I'm certain they would be glad to hear from you as they did NOT receive the invoice you tried to send to them. Again, it is Yahoo who is blocking the email from reaching the buyer, not RCUniverse.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:52 AM
dirtybird

Since you accepted my ad you are involved.
Again when I initiated the ticket you could have sent a copy of the invoice without going thru yahoo.
If yahoo is blocking your messages why do you continue to do business with them?
Old 05-23-2015, 04:07 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I would think that by our ability and privelage to post "for sale/wanted" items here on RCU, puts RCU smack center of the transactions.. at least the ability to communicate with buyers/sellers effectively..

dirtybird, you just might think about just either using a non-yahoo email addy, or simply using an non-RCU site altogether for everything... buying, selling, surfing, spending money with sponsors.. you know.. all that stuff.

If we as users are offered these tools, such as invoicing, etc.. that in itself is involvement... and I see you're a "Trading Plus" member too..as. well as a long standing member here.. I wish you luck with this.. just follow the admin advice though... its probably best that way... as it looks and was said... for some reason this is another on the list of "long standing issues" that seem to rear their ugly heads. Good luck with it.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:35 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

dirtybird,
We are no more involved in your transaction than a newspaper who accepts a classified ad.

You, and you alone, need to make contact with the buyer. RCUniverse cannot take this action for you.

FWIW, we have not now nor ever in the past conducted business with Yahoo.

Again, please use the contact information provided to you on the invoice to make direct contact with your buyer.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:32 AM
dirtybird

I made contact with the buyer. He apparently thinks I am a scammer because I have heard no more from him
You need to place a warning in the buy and sell forum that you cannot deliver an invoice if yahoo is involved.
At 88 I am at the end of my modeling career. I am going to sell most of my stuff so my daughter don't have to do it after I am gone.
I for surer won't use RCU.
You apparently will not lift a finger to correct a problem you are responsible for

Newspapers do not advise their customers to make the offer thru their channels and generate the invoice.
your service makes you involved.

Last edited by dirtybird; 05-25-2015 at 10:18 AM. Reason: add info
Old 05-25-2015, 09:44 AM
cetme308

It's a problem with Yahoo. Stop pouting ��. RCU did what Yahoo asked them to do and now its Yahoo who isn't fixing it on their end.

Read.
Understand.
Move on.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:29 AM
dirtybird

It is also a problem with RCU when they know the problem exists and provide no warning.If they had done so I would have just used my Hotmail address and the problem would have been avoided.If it were worth more money I would sue. I think a judge would side with me.
And just why do you think you should stick you nose in this? Ae you a frustrated school teacher?
Old 05-26-2015, 09:39 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

dirtybird,
There are several threads here in the forums for this problem. I'm not sure how much more warning we can give. Please keep the discussion civil. There's no point in name calling or other personal attacks.

It is unfortunate the buyer has not responded to your direct email. It is entirely possible they were never serious about buying your item. Very rare is the buyer who thinks a long established seller such as yourself is a scammer simply because the seller made direct contact with them. You already know how to work around this. Use a non-Yahoo email address for the site and your problems will go away. You already have a Hotmail account so that is available to you. If you wish to use something else, we recommend Gmail.

Given all truly valid information on this issue has been laid out, I'm going to lock the thread. It will still be available for review by yourself and other members but no more comments will be allowed to be posted to it.