Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Has anyone bought from this plane called Flying Thingz

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Has anyone bought from this plane called Flying Thingz

Old 08-23-2015, 06:18 AM
terryguindon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone bought from this plane called Flying Thingz

Hay all not sure if I'm in the right place but it seems to me I have been taking for a ride I found this flying lawnmower ordered it I am thinking it is just a scam because they are not replying back with calls or email if someone is close to these guys in the PA is there a way to check them out it would help alot
[TABLE="width: 78%"]
[TR]
[TD]
FlyingThingZ, Inc.
34 Chatham Hill Road
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 08-23-2015, 06:56 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

You're leaving out the most critical piece of information...like how long has it been since you paid for your item? If it's a few days, even a week, I'd say relax. Not every company is going to be Tower Hobby.

Did you do any homework on this company before buying from them? Google them..read threads on them etc? They have been around about 11 years now, so it doesn't appear to a fly by night operation.

If you paid by Credit card or PP you're covered either way.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:40 AM
topspin

Terry, I got their phone number as (760) 713-6502, if that is the one you have called It says "if they don't answer to leave a message and they will return your call". Ordinarily even a mom and pop operation will respond to email within a day or two. Let us know if you don't hear from them by Tuesday and I'll call some friends who live in northern PA to see if they can help.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:51 AM
terryguindon

Yea it has been a month now no one answering the phone and or email for last couple weeks so if you could call around for me that would be great
Old 08-23-2015, 12:34 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Would be interested to know if whatever account you used has been debited?
Old 08-23-2015, 03:00 PM
terryguindon

Yes I lost my mind for a sec and it has been 30 days now i paid with credit card pay pal wouldn't work for some reason I have been calling the number 713 6502 and no one is picking up just google voice
so if there is anyone that lives close to address above that can look see that would be great it would be a big hit here in Edmonton Alberta Canada
Old 08-24-2015, 06:49 AM
topspin

OK Terry, I did some digging and it looks like they are in Oceanside California, there does not appear to be anyone at the PA address so I'm wondering if these guys are playing some kind of shell game to get out of their obligations.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:47 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Flying things was a very good place. I bought the flying lawnmower from theme a few years ago. didn't have a problem with them. But as far as now I think I seen a thing or two on here with people having trouble with their orders. And I know they were not out of Pa. anyway I know the company switched owners several times now. hope all works out for you . let us know what happens.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:51 AM
rccrazedman

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/unus...ng-thingz.html

here is a link to another discussion
Old 08-24-2015, 04:04 PM
terryguindon

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=552
I also found this site as
Old 08-24-2015, 06:32 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by terryguindon View Post
I think you had better contact your credit card company. PM sent.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:46 PM
terryguindon

I have allready i also have enough info I think I can build this sky cutter Lawnmower just have to make the cord rest will fall into place I'm going to try if anything I will only waste some foam from Home Depot
I will take step by step pics and upload video when I'm done it

Last edited by terryguindon; 08-24-2015 at 06:48 PM. Reason: forgot some words
Old 08-25-2015, 04:20 AM
terryguindon

Hay everyone I took a small chance and looked up flying thingz 2075 Grandview St.
Oceanside, CA 92054 and google mapped it but it seems now flying thingz is using a address there as well
so if anyone knows anyone that lives near and can drive to that address check them out there is a lot of people
that paid for there kits and this company is going to caught up one way or another spread the word everyone I'm
on a mission to make things right keep in mind if 100 people paid 175 each all most 18,000 its up to us to help our fellow members
Old 08-26-2015, 03:34 PM
terryguindon

Hay there rccrazeedman did you get any specs on that mower like blueprint size of the parts from the cord all the way up and the centre of gravity I am going to try and build one free hand
Old 08-26-2015, 03:37 PM
terryguindon

Originally Posted by rccrazedman View Post
Flying things was a very good place. I bought the flying lawnmower from theme a few years ago. didn't have a problem with them. But as far as now I think I seen a thing or two on here with people having trouble with their orders. And I know they were not out of Pa. anyway I know the company switched owners several times now. hope all works out for you . let us know what happens.
do you have the specs on the lawnmower by chance still i need the size's of everything most the cord wide long get back to me please
the cg is most important the ,motor box i think you would have got this with your mower
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2116932  

Last edited by terryguindon; 08-27-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:30 AM
rccrazedman

Hey terry. sorry I didn't get a chance to get back to you as I am just checking rc universe after I got home from work this morning. I work the next two nights and will get a chance to get my lawnmower out and look at it this coming weekend. I do remember it is made from wood, foam, and some coraplast. Don't quote me yet but I think the wingspan is like 24". i will give you the exact details of it this weekend. Im not sure if it came with plans or not but It has a manual. if there are plans then I will make a copy of them and mail it along to you if you are willing to cover the shipping and cost to make a copy.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:05 PM
rccrazedman

Hi terry first of I do have the plan you showed in the picture. For some reason I see the plans are drawn somewhere near half size with some of the dimensions for only some parts. I don't know if you have the manual but if you need one I can get a copy to you. Anyway my life is really busy, as I went down my workshop and pulled out my skycutter. no sooner I started pulling it out of the box I had to leave my workshop.

The wingspan is 24 1/2" w/ a wing area of 710 sq in. Measuring the wings from the front to the back is 24". I also noted the manual states the the cg is 6 1/2 -7" back from front of wing. it required a 4 channel radio with Elevon mixing. Recommended throws are 1 1/2 inch up and down on both elevons for either elevator or aileron. It also recommends a .40-.61 two stroke/ .45-.71 four stroke.

I also want to apologize for my misinformation when I bought my skycutter back 5/2/08, It came from effort pa at the time. My box also says powered by Pitney Bowes. I don't know if that means that was the owner of flyingthingz then or not I didn't get the chance yet to measure how thick the wing is. i will measure the wing thickness later when I get more time.

Get back to me and let me know if I have missed anything. post your progress on here I would be interested to see how your project turns out.. I'm not sure actually what cord is, My belief is that means the thickness of the wing in relation to the center line of the wing?. So please explain to me how to measure it.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:21 PM
terryguindon

So you have not put it together then Well the cord is the whole wing, I would guess the thick part would be about 1" 1/4 or 1/8 maybe the motor mount box starts from front to 3/4 way back need the length, width, height, as far as the plan's go if there is a way to take picture close in frame or 4 corner picture that will work as well plans will say cg placement of wood blocks for landing gear ,I know there is a notch in main wing, were the servo box and motor mount goes
I wont be using a nitro motor I have converted all my planes to electric and they run just fine if you have time to get me as much info as possible that would be great I have built quit a few planes I'll send a pic of my hobby room if you would like also I have my own site on you can copy and paste that address and see some of the planes I have built and flown quit a few of them if you have time talk later thanks for your help so far Terry
https://myspace.com/terrygtheplaneboss

Last edited by terryguindon; 08-29-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:16 PM
rccrazedman

sent you a very detailed pm. let me know if you need more help. Now I think I have to get started on mine.