Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Best Battery Connector

Old 10-11-2015, 01:32 PM
wrecker344

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Battery Connector

OK.... I have a question. As I am relatively new to the RC world. I want to know what you think are the best battery connectors? Is it Deans? Anderson? If them. What amp should I use? Is it Traxxas? Anyway, any help someone could provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently rocking mostly Deans, and they seem to work fine. Just wondering if there's something better. Thanks guys.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:37 PM
John_M_

Well the Dean Ultra Plugs can handle 50 -60 amps continuous, 75-80 amps for short bursts, some say more... if you need more than 50 60 amps continuous, then look into the appropriate rated Anderson connector... I'm not familiar with the traxxas connector, but I would say the deans ultra plug has the smallest foot print for its amp rating... as you get into the 100-300 amp rated Anderson connectors, they get pretty hefty in size, so if space is an issue, you'll have to find out what amp ratings your equipment requires and go with the appropriate connector... I think for the most part, the deans ultra plug is the most commonly used connector, and most manufactures will state the recommended amp rated connector to use.

John M,
Old 10-12-2015, 05:26 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

What he said ^^^

It's a personal preference, then an application sorta thing. I'm partial to Deans.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:15 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

I use straight to bullets normally, but when I can't, I use Deans. What I like about them is that they are not controlled/copyrighted by their owners and knockoff plugs will work fine with the genuine ones.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:24 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a note about the knock off Deans Ultra Plugs There are a ton of them out there and yes they are cheaper from little factories all over China and while some may work OK for some folks there are very many that are almost useless and once plugged together will absolutely require the use of two pairs of pliers to separate every time.

Something to consider

John
Old 10-16-2015, 08:39 AM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

I have used xt60 and xt 90 connectors and like them. Most of my stuff is set up on dean's, only because I don't have the energy to change them all over to xt's
Old 10-16-2015, 08:42 AM
wrecker344

thanks john, I'm happy with the Deans, as as some have stated, the cheapo ones are a real B!$*& to get apart. So I make sure to use the "real" one. Thanks for your insight man.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:43 AM
wrecker344

Hey Collector, I haven't used the bullets yet, but I can see why they are good ones to use. Thanks for your tip man.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:46 AM
wrecker344

I hear ya mscic!! I look at my small collection of vehicles and batteries (totals 30 all together) and say "yea, I'm gonna switch them all over to whatever", then I think what a pain in the butt it's gonna be, then I say I''l wait until they wear out or whatever lol. thanks for your thoughts man.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:35 PM
KW_Counter

I am partial to the Anderson Power Poles.
What I like is there is no need to stock males and females.
Just get a bunch of red and black, or whatever colors you want, shells
and the appropriate connectors.
Additionally, the shells are reusable.

It is all based on preference.

Good Luck,
KW_Counter
Old 10-18-2015, 06:54 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using the HK T connectors for many yrs., mainly for the better grips. They do work well with the Deans, as many of my older batts are still using Deans, and not worth changing over.

Gord.