Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
question on brushless motor/ / ESC >

question on brushless motor/ / ESC

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

question on brushless motor/ / ESC

Old 12-04-2015, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on brushless motor/ / ESC

I bought a kit that came with a brushless motor and ESC, I follow all the set up options, but when I use it full throttle it only turns the motor at about one third speed, any ideas?
Old 12-04-2015, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by edeneen
I bought a kit that came with a brushless motor and ESC, I follow all the set up options, but when I use it full throttle it only turns the motor at about one third speed, any ideas?
Can you provide more information about the motor and ESC?

Did you calibrate it? Calibration tells the ESC the maximum and minimum values of your throttle channel. If not calibrated it could explain your issue.

What battery are you using? How many cells?
Old 12-05-2015, 11:45 AM

it is a Tamiya speed control with a Tamiya 16 turn brushless motor, I am using sex cells- the ESC is suposed to run with brushed or brushless motors. I calibrated it by the manual, the lights are responded, but when I punch it it goes turtle speed
Old 12-05-2015, 03:39 PM

it is a Tamiya speed control with a Tamiya 16 turn brushless motor, I am using sex cells- the ESC is suposed to run with brushed or brushless motors. I calibrated it by the manual, the lights are responded, but when I punch it it goes turtle speed
Thanks for the info. I had a look at the manuals on the Tamiya website but they have several different models of ESCs and I wasn't sure which one you have.

If you can post ESC model number I will take a look again but to be honest I don't have experience with Car ESCs so you might have better luck posting your question in the RC Car section.

Try here and hope you get it sorted. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...scussions-179/
Old 12-07-2015, 05:44 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I am using sex cells- I calibrated it by the manual, the lights are responded, but when I punch it it goes turtle speed
What type of cells?.... as 6 cells of lipos would put it up near to 24volts.... which would blow the roof off of anything smallish...

I'll take a stab here and ask if you're using nicad cells.... in which case 6 cells would put a nicad pack at 7.2volts.... which in that case would turn just about any small brushless motor at a turtles pace..

If you don't have lipo's, I would say that's your major problem... but as someone stated already.... more information would help.

The more info you give, the more info and feedback you'll get.

Bottom line though... you probably need some good lipo packs that are sufficient for your motor/ESC....