Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
AMA says, "Wait to register" >

AMA says, "Wait to register"

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

AMA says, "Wait to register"

Old 01-05-2016, 07:26 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I see no need to verify the information. Why fake a registration? One would instead not bother. If they don't trust those registering, why should we trust them? IMO the FAA is as bad as the IRS, don't trust them at all.
Are you joking? Why would they have someone register but not try to verify the information...that makes no sense. Of course they want to verify the info. The ability to abuse the reg # is there, you can't see that? As for the trust issue...a common theme it seems in these threads. Lack of trust of everyone involved in AMA and federal govt.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:04 AM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You boys have to much time on your hands
Old 01-05-2016, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by porcia83
Are you joking? Why would they have someone register but not try to verify the information...that makes no sense. Of course they want to verify the info. The ability to abuse the reg # is there, you can't see that? As for the trust issue...a common theme it seems in these threads. Lack of trust of everyone involved in AMA and federal govt.
The FAA required no such verification when I registered my full scale aircraft. I filled out the form and money, that was it. So why do they need to verify model airplanes. Makes no sense to me. They don't need to verify your automobile registration either. That will happen with your first ticket, LOL
Old 01-05-2016, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by LUDS96

So what?
Old 01-05-2016, 08:11 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Does any one expect a Fed. Agency to make sense?
It's all so stupid and nonproductive. But that's our Govt. pity.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:39 AM
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by LUDS96
Ludsy My Friend
U have No IDEA ... Didn't retire in Nov 2000 to do "anything", but have time on my hands Nap, Fly, NAP, have lunch, NAP check RCU forams, NAP, did I mention NAP? Now U get the Idea. Gona rain for the rest of the week and NO WAY am I going to do that 4 letter word "WORK". Been told I do NOTHING and I really do NOTHING very well if i say so my self. Just might be time for U Guessed it my 9:40 NAP. OH Crap supposed to fix the Carbs on my big P-47's aaaah tomorrow.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Last edited by HoundDog; 01-05-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Ludsy My Friend
U have No IDEA ... Didn't retire in Nov 2000 to do "anything", but have time on my hands Nap, Fly, NAP, have lunch, NAP check RCU forams, NAP, did I mention NAP? Now U get the Idea. Gona rain for the rest of the week and NO WAY am I going to do that 4 letter word "WORK". Been told I do NOTHING and I really do NOTHING very well if i say so my self. Just might be time for U Guessed it my 9:40 NAP. OH Crap supposed to fix the Carbs on my big P-47's aaaah tomorrow.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
OMG! HE SAID IT!!!!!

THE FOUR-LETTER WORD!!!!

IN PUBLIC!!!!!

OK, HD, you're a bit ahead of me - I retired at the point gas went to $4/gal for that short time. My income considering travel expenses was the same as my retired income - didn't make sense to keep participating in that dastardly activity (won't say the 4-letter word in public, UNLIKE some of my friends) anymore.

Now, my "schedule" is pretty close to being the same as yours - but I also play with my horses in between the NAPs.

Sorry 'bout your luck with the rains. Been a bit breezy here but I've gotten 4 good days of flying in so far this year already. Gonna be a good year.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
Speaking of the AMA.... where are they?? Muncie has been silent of late, no? When are our next instructions forthcoming???
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r-GQtmOA2iQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
Speaking of the AMA.... where are they?? Muncie has been silent of late, no? When are our next instructions forthcoming???

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/F...gistration.pdf
Old 01-05-2016, 02:26 PM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

A whole lot more nothing,, tnx AMA
Old 01-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Banned

Whats the alternative at this point? Something is something, it's better than nothing.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:35 PM

At 1:02 PM

Last edited by HoundDog; 01-05-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:40 PM

At 1:02 PM to day I received this email from the AMA
https://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/la...5pds1ckle#mail
In itthey ask all AMA members to

[TABLE="class: yiv4785301977dashedBorder, width: 700"]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"].We are asking all AMA members to submit comments on the FAA's interim rule on registration. The deadline to submit comments is January 15, 2016.

But also they have a section on Q&A and in it they say we may fly over 400' we may fly planes over 55 pounds. If it is a new plane (Purchased after 21 Dec 2015 it's Pilot/Owner Must be Registered with the FAA and have that Pilot registration on/in the craft when it is flying. So if U got a new TOY for Xmas REGISTER and Place thet PILOT?OWNER registration Number in/on the craft. We can continue to fly every thing and anywhere permitted just like U have till 16 Feb 2016 .Then continue to fly as U alway have i.e. over 400' over 55 lbs and where U normally fly unless the area is newly restricted air space. NOW what's the Problem with that. U don't want to put a peice of paper on your toys or what. Gimme a break if the AMA had not authored #336 the ama would have only gone after Quads and U all Know it.
comments can be submitted at
http://1.usa.gov/1Jegj0C.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 01-05-2016, 05:42 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it! Nap,build,rc u,nap build,nap,rc u

Beats that 4 letter word w*&k
Old 01-05-2016, 09:43 PM

At 1:02 PM to day I received this email from the AMA
https://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/la...5pds1ckle#mail
In itthey ask all AMA members to

[TABLE="class: yiv4785301977dashedBorder, width: 700"]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"].We are asking all AMA members to submit comments on the FAA's interim rule on registration. The deadline to submit comments is January 15, 2016.

But also they have a section on Q&A and in it they say we may fly over 400' we may fly planes over 55 pounds. If it is a new plane (Purchased after 21 Dec 2015 it's Pilot/Owner Must be Registered with the FAA and have that Pilot registration on/in the craft when it is flying. So if U got a new TOY for Xmas REGISTER and Place thet PILOT?OWNER registration Number in/on the craft. We can continue to fly every thing and anywhere permitted just like U have till 16 Feb 2016 .Then continue to fly as U alway have i.e. over 400' over 55 lbs and where U normally fly unless the area is newly restricted air space. NOW what's the Problem with that. U don't want to put a peice of paper on your toys or what. Gimme a break if the AMA had not authored #336 the ama would have only gone after Quads and U all Know it.
comments can be submitted at
http://1.usa.gov/1Jegj0C.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
No way the FAA would have left us alone. Section 336 was written over 3 years ago and includes all radio controlled aircraft including so called drones. It does not cover BLOS but then BLOS is completely illegal anyway. So the model airplane rule covered all legal drones.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:11 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Why would they have someone register but not try to verify the information...that makes no sense. Of course they want to verify the info.
You are referring to CC info correct? I am not sure how the FAA CC card entry system is setup but if it is like our agency and other government agencies that we work with, this is done through an externally hosted company and we don't retain (nor care to) any verification info except that it is approved or not as that starts or stops our process moving forward. Could be different with FAA, yet I would highly doubt it.

As far as any other information they would need to verify, I doubt the FAA has any means to handle this nor will they. I am going from my job experience only. We have silly little useless and meaningless things like a 1500 page document that takes huge amount of man-hours for something that should only require a simple signature. We have programs that make you shake your head in amazement.

For years I used to wonder how government could add so many layers of complexity (bloat) to something so simple. I gave up that quest years ago and have adapted to the motto "If it ain't complex and bloated, it ain't government."
Old 01-06-2016, 05:18 AM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Whats the alternative at this point? Something is something, it's better than nothing.
IMO, producing a video with no new news it a waste of everyone's time,, It's like getting a letter from a client that owes you money, you expect a check, but get a note saying they can't pay right now,,, worthless words.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
No way the FAA would have left us alone. Section 336 was written over 3 years ago and includes all radio controlled aircraft including so called drones. It does not cover BLOS but then BLOS is completely illegal anyway. So the model airplane rule covered all legal drones
Why do U keep harping about BLOS. It's Got nothing to do with if U are registered with the FAA or Not.

Let me ask U one "Question"
If U fail to put your AMA info in your R/C TOY can U go yo Jail?
How about if U fly "New and later any", R/C TOY in the NAS without a Pilot/Owner FAA Registration, 10 digit alphanumeric number, in/on said R/C TOY can U be fined and put in Jail.? answer Yes or No PLZ

Don't think I'm Willing to take that chance over such a trivial thing as a piece of paper in/on my R/C TOY. Are U? Apparently U R that's your choice.
Just Stop telling me to break the Law.

Sorry Sport I thought I was answering Jeffery's question. Sure wish they would put the NAME of the Thread/Fourm in the blue title bar right between the date and the Post Number.
So Jeffy What's Your answer. YES/NO?

Last edited by HoundDog; 01-06-2016 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:26 AM
My Feedback: (55)

Don't think I'm Willing to take that chance over such a trivial thing as a piece of paper in/on my R/C TOY. Are U? Apparently U R that's your choice.
Just Stop telling me to break the Law.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on this situation...
Old 01-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
IMO, producing a video with no new news it a waste of everyone's time,, It's like getting a letter from a client that owes you money, you expect a check, but get a note saying they can't pay right now,,, worthless words.
Agree..it's just restating what they have already said. I think it's their attempt to keep the membership updated...some here complain they don't hear from enough. It's yet another catch 22 for them.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luchnia
You are referring to CC info correct? I am not sure how the FAA CC card entry system is setup but if it is like our agency and other government agencies that we work with, this is done through an externally hosted company and we don't retain (nor care to) any verification info except that it is approved or not as that starts or stops our process moving forward. Could be different with FAA, yet I would highly doubt it.

As far as any other information they would need to verify, I doubt the FAA has any means to handle this nor will they. I am going from my job experience only. We have silly little useless and meaningless things like a 1500 page document that takes huge amount of man-hours for something that should only require a simple signature. We have programs that make you shake your head in amazement.

For years I used to wonder how government could add so many layers of complexity (bloat) to something so simple. I gave up that quest years ago and have adapted to the motto "If it ain't complex and bloated, it ain't government."
Yes...you are correct there is a vendor running the cc info and website. No way the Feds could have had this up in running in a few months...imagine the cluster that would have been.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:11 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Yes...you are correct there is a vendor running the cc info and website. No way the Feds could have had this up in running in a few months...imagine the cluster that would have been.
Once I read your post, it did make me think of what would be involved to get something like that up and running! If we don't find some humor in things like this we would be deeply saddened.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:16 AM

Obammy care to the MAX baby .....

It ain't Political it just ain't Sorry

Last edited by HoundDog; 01-06-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: It ain't Political it just ain't Sorry
Old 01-06-2016, 08:22 AM

Maybe if the FAA would make an offer like this?
That's on top of FREE Registration of course.
Go NRA
Old 01-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luchnia
Once I read your post, it did make me think of what would be involved to get something like that up and running! If we don't find some humor in things like this we would be deeply saddened.
I'm spit balling here...but its a safe bet that this system was in the works at least 6 months before it went live...and that is from a vendor/ company that knows what is doing...let alone an agency so large as...well heck any federal agency. Think about how long it took once the group of 28 made their suggestions to the faa....and then when the faa ruling came down...to when the website went up. Impossible to have been put together and started in that period of time.

And yes...we should first and some humor in all this stuff...it gets far to serious around here sometimes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.