Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
AMA says, "Wait to register" >

AMA says, "Wait to register"

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

AMA says, "Wait to register"

Old 02-01-2016, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
See you tomorrow.

Probably not here's my formula on this, no content = a waste of my time.

Mike
Old 02-01-2016, 10:40 AM
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.noitca lagel fo tiusrup ni ti sdeen AMA eht fi erom ro 001$ rof ni m'I .hcum yub t'nseod 01$ !01$
-OK make the dues $100 + their regular dues for US affluent O'l Gezzers an just the $10 bucks for those that get in for free today. and don't forget the Lifers, either. U wana hold the funds so Mikey might not think it was used to buy a new Gulf Stream.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Probably not here's my formula on this, no content = a waste of my time.

Mike
You'll be back.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
-OK make the dues $100 + their regular dues for US affluent O'l Gezzers an just the $10 bucks for those that get in for free today. and don't forget the Lifers, either. U wana hold the funds so Mikey might not think it was used to buy a new Gulf Stream.
We better send it directly to Mikey, otherwise he'll be suspicious.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:47 AM

Maybe we should have the AMA charge a $10 assessment of all 180k members including those that pay nothing. That would provide another Million 800 thousand to work with ... Better yet require (Like Canada does) Mandatory Liability Insurance of the Million + Drone flyers. and be required to be a member of a CBO in order to fly anywhere in the USA and it's possessions. I can certainly afford 10 bucks to get the ball rolling. Especially if it means the difference from being able/allowed to continue Hobby flying and not flying anything but a KITE with a short string.

That is a great idea $10 bucks gets us $1.8 mill, $20 gets 3.6 million. A $10 or $20 assessment should get things started.

Gee, whiz why didn't I think of that?

But the money would go to me, for my lawsuit , I mean after all, Chris wants me to bring my own suit against the FAA otherwise he might
take me off his birthday list.

Seriously that is a very valid idea, and something the AMA should consider if they haven't already consider it.
I suspect that if you handed them all the money needed to bring the lawsuit they would literally "sh-t themselves because I believe they do not
want to bring the suit at all, ever, or under any circumstance.

So hounddog are you going to call your AMA rep and suggest this ?

I will make my contact aware if that is alright with you?
Old 02-01-2016, 11:49 AM

Some things will never change.

Mike
NO *****e ... Mikey U set a perfect example ...

When are we going to quit this childish bickering and really come up with a solution to mitigate the problem with the FAA. The Problem as I see it is as, us who fly safely on Registered Toy airplane fields, and do in no way endanger the flying public in anyway are being grouped in with the vry few that don't fly safely and follow the FAR.s ETC. . All we are asking is for 0.19 SQ Miles (less than 2/10ths of a SQ mile) for any not just AMA registered flying field which, by the way only as much area as 6 of the 519 towered airports in the entire USA.

If we are to be treated by the FAA as Full Scale planes and subject to the same Rules Laws and FAR's then we deserve our fair share of the NAS. That being a 1/3 mile radius circle around Registered R/C TOY air fields up to half the Height of the least of the towered airports and their R.C no fly area. That is 308 R/C Fields would fit in side the area covered by one towered airport. The amount of the NAS we deserve or need is so informally small when compared to the protected area of the 519 towered. the area we would use is less than 0.012% (twelve thousandths of a percent) then all the towered airports cover in the USA. And far less area if any field with a single runway, had a 1/4 mile D shaped half circle around it. This would be More than 1/2 of the total R/C Protected air space at less than 1/10th of a square mile in area.

Again all we ask for is our fair share of the NAS Nothing More Nothing Less.

Depictions of308
3R/C flying fields inside of 1 towered
airports NO R/C flying area.

Last edited by daveopam; 02-02-2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: 10,000 random charactors at bottom of post.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by jeffrey solomon
That is a great idea $10 bucks gets us $1.8 mill, $20 gets 3.6 million. A $10 or $20 assessment should get things started.

Gee, whiz why didn't I think of that?

But the money would go to me, for my lawsuit , I mean after all, Chris wants me to bring my own suit against the FAA otherwise he might
take me off his birthday list.

Seriously that is a very valid idea, and something the AMA should consider if they haven't already consider it.
I suspect that if you handed them all the money needed to bring the lawsuit they would literally "sh-t themselves because I believe they do not
want to bring the suit at all, ever, or under any circumstance.

So hounddog are you going to call your AMA rep and suggest this ?

I will make my contact aware if that is alright with you?
Jeffy baby glad we see eye to eye so as Larry the cable guy says "Get her done" better U than me. U seem to have an in with the AMA powers that be.

On the other hand How many and how much of the 3.6 Million could we get our new Lobbyist org to give each congressman or senator, up for election next cycle, to In force #336? Not a bribe U know just a campaign contribution. Think maybe the AMA should invite as many members of congress to attend this summers NATs. The President and all the Candidates too. Does the AMA have a congressional reelection fund?

OOOPs bad Idea if O'B's there we would be under a 30 mile radius VIP TFR and could not fly. O'B's gota stay home. O' well Hillery will be there anyway.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:10 PM

Actually you might get 10 million for 10 bucks per person if you could get enough people outside of the AMA to pitch in. I would think you could potentially get almost a million donor's if you get all of the UAV associations to pitch in. Maybe appeal outside if you can pitch it as a loss of freedom that may eventually impact sports, landowners, etc.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:21 PM

Some things will never change.

Mike

NO *****e ... Mikey U set a perfect example ...

When are we going to quit this childish bickering and really come up with a solution to mitigate the problem with the FAA. The Problem as I see it is as, us who fly safely on Registered Toy airplane fields, and do in no way endanger the flying public in anyway are being grouped in with the vry few that don't fly safely and follow the FAR.s ETC. . All we are asking is for 0.19 SQ Miles (less than 2/10ths of a SQ mile) for any not just AMA registered flying field which, by the way only as much area as 6 of the 519 towered airports in the entire USA.

If we are to be treated by the FAA as Full Scale planes and subject to the same Rules Laws and FAR's then we deserve our fair share of the NAS. That being a 1/3 mile radius circle around Registered R/C TOY air fields up to half the Height of the least of the towered airports and their R.C no fly area. That is 308 R/C Fields would fit in side the area covered by one towered airport. The amount of the NAS we deserve or need is so informally small when compared to the protected area of the 519 towered. the area we would use is less than 0.012% (twelve thousandths of a percent) then all the towered airports cover in the USA. And far less area if any field with a single runway, had a 1/4 mile D shaped half circle around it. This would be More than 1/2 of the total R/C Protected air space at less than 1/10th of a square mile in area
Old 02-01-2016, 12:24 PM

Please delete Post #806 Tried to place a corcle with 308 little circles in it and it didn't work and it will not let me edit it.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:51 PM

Please delete Post #806 Tried to place a corcle with 308 little circles in it and it didn't work and it will not let me edit it.
All that for a corcle? We need to get to the heart of the matter?
Old 02-01-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
All that for a corcle? We need to get to the heart of the matter?
U are supposed to ridicule people like this

corcle = Circle
Old 02-01-2016, 01:18 PM

Jeffy baby glad we see eye to eye so as Larry the cable guy says "Get her done" better U than me. U seem to have an in with the AMA powers that be.

On the other hand How many and how much of the 3.6 Million could we get our new Lobbyist org to give each congressman or senator, up for election next cycle, to In force #336? Not a bribe U know just a campaign contribution. Think maybe the AMA should invite as many members of congress to attend this summers NATs. The President and all the Candidates too. Does the AMA have a congressional reelection fund?

OOOPs bad Idea if O'B's there we would be under a 30 mile radius VIP TFR and could not fly. O'B's gota stay home. O' well Hillery will be there anyway.
Just got a response from the AMA guy and he was some what receptive
but he mentioned that 50,000 of the 180,000 membership are yute members,
So I guess a yute doesn't have $10 buck,s nor their parents to donate.

And then there was the issue of the assessment, some how jeopardizing our tax free status
"possibility of invalidating our 501c3 tax exempt status
so this guy is all about seeing obstacles and not many solutions.

He was real hurt by my comments regarding the estimate of the lawsuit costs,
I promised him no names because he was off the record,
Now that's suspicious .

I was going to post his comments with out his name but I am not sure that would satisfy him.

He doesn't think there is much potential from the yutes as far as donations

He is really out of touch, How much money do kids and their parents spend on crap every year?

So you have 50,000 kids that represent 50,000 parents who are probably fairly affluent and he does not see them as a potential for donations, to

a fund, unless these 50,000 are not flying kids, just signed up. So can the AMA really include them in the membership figures that they boasts of.

What a bunch of bananas , these guys are.

Last edited by jeffrey solomon; 02-01-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:29 PM

corcle = Circle
I loved Steve Corcle on Family Matters

"Did I do that"
220 271 - 90s411.com //2Q==[/IMG]

Last edited by jeffrey solomon; 02-01-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:30 PM

corcle = Circle
No it's not. It means heart, seed, embryo.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:42 PM

You'd know that if you were a yute.

Jaybird
Old 02-01-2016, 01:43 PM

Now a different top dog AMA guy said he didn't hear about the lawsuit costing
6-10 million but it would be expensive and take years.

He wrote the follow, he never spoke to me off the record, different guy,:

Again sorry for the delay in responding. Thanks for your understanding.

I have not heard the 6 to 10 million dollar estimate, but I have been told it will be extremely costly and could easily surpass a million dollars and take years.

We are going to continue our petition with the US Court of Appeals, but we are also going to explore every other option in an effort to save money and time. For example, last week we invested a lot of time to see what Congressional legislative options are available.

I like your idea of raising donations, and it has been discussed. We have talked to our auditors and the IRS about how to raise funds through the AMA or the AMA Foundation. I am not a financial advisor, but I was told we have already met our cap for Government Relations fund raising. Again I am not an expert in this arena, but the I believe calculation is based upon how much revenue we bring in with dues vs what we are allowed to receive in donations. Are there loopholes, probably. Most likely though, we cannot ask for another big Government Relations fundraising campaign for about a year.

At least he is looking for solutions.

But I find it suspicious that 2 top guys have very different estimates on the lawsuit costs.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by jeffrey solomon
Just got a response from the AMA guy and he was some what receptive ... but he mentioned that 50,000 of the 180,000 membership are [youth] members"
So, if AMA keeps stands by what it said about making the OPM registration fee a benefit of membership, then those "free" memberships just cost the organization a quarter million dollars every three years! So my question is what gets cut to make up the difference? Field maintenance at Muncie? Probably not. AMA ED salary? Probably not. Staff salaries? Probably not. How about EVP/Regional "Proconsul" travel? Probably not that either. Nope, the money will come from something that all the non-Muncie members care about.

Any bets they'll pull it out of flying site grant money?
Old 02-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

LoL !
Old 02-01-2016, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by franklin_m
So, if AMA keeps stands by what it said about making the OPM registration fee a benefit of membership, then those "free" memberships just cost the organization a quarter million dollars every three years! So my question is what gets cut to make up the difference? Field maintenance at Muncie? Probably not. AMA ED salary? Probably not. Staff salaries? Probably not. How about EVP/Regional "Proconsul" travel? Probably not that either. Nope, the money will come from something that all the non-Muncie members care about.

Man there Franky that is a great Idea Pull it from the grant money to safe all the AMA registered fields ... great Idea. Might be better spent on congressional Lobbying than suing the Feds ... What ya think there Navy? Anyone?

I still think if the FAA can control R/C Air planes (R/C TOYs) then we can fly at our mini protected air ports. No Full scale with in a quarter mile of any Restricted R/C Flight area. With Out Permission.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Banned

Probably, they give away billions in flying site grant money annually so that's the most logical place to take it from.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:43 PM

Man there Franky that is a great Idea Pull it from the grant money to safe all the AMA registered fields ... great Idea. Might be better spent on congressional Lobbying than suing the Feds ... What ya think there Navy? Anyone?
For the record, I was being sarcastic... My point was that Muncie or the people making these decisions won't have any consequences for their $250K decision, it'll be us "unwashed masses" that lose the money.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:44 PM

Probably, they give away billions in flying site grant money annually so that's the most logical place to take it from.
Well we know they won't take it from Muncie dollars, or the funds used by leadership, so that doesn't leave many options except things that benefit those outside of Muncie.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Well we know they won't take it from Muncie dollars, or the funds used by leadership, so that doesn't leave many options except things that benefit those outside of Muncie.
And why should they take money away from there? Of course it presumes any of the numbers here are even remotely close..which they aren't. They bulk of the money spent on all of the "drone" issues has already been spent, sure, there will be more spent as well, but nothing that's going to significantly affect the way the AMA operates.

Suggesting that it be taken from AMA employee salaries is just another in a long line of nitpicking anyone in AMA management, same with the comments about the Muncie operations.

Franklin you're a number cruncher....track the last two years worth of expenditures and then the next two going forward and see if there is a huge difference in any sets.....I doubt there will be a huge sway in either direction.

Good news though...per the AMA 2015 was the fourth year of consecutive increases in the membership numbers.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:47 PM
Banned

I do know who we is, but how do you know that?

If folks aren't submitting their flying site grant applications then they (AMA) cannot assess the need. No need, no funds to distribute.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.