Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
ALPA: Congress should mandate online training for UAV operators >

ALPA: Congress should mandate online training for UAV operators

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

ALPA: Congress should mandate online training for UAV operators

Old 02-02-2016, 10:39 AM

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
Default ALPA: Congress should mandate online training for UAV operators

There are some on here who like to blame the FAA for the FPV problems. See this: http://atwonline.com/regulation/alpa...-uav-operators

"The proposal, outlined by ALPA president Tim Canoll during a Feb. 1 briefing with journalists in Washington DC, calls for UAV owners to be required to gain a “key code” by passing an online training course. Small UAVs, like those being sold by retailers like Walmart, would not be able to be operated until the correct key code is plugged into the device via a mechanism that would have to be created by UAV manufacturers."

Right, take a course, pass a test and get a key to that $30 sUAV that you just bought at banggood.com.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:48 AM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

I think they should mandate Elvis come back from Mars, that would be easier to accomplish
Old 02-04-2016, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
I think they should mandate Elvis come back from Mars, that would be easier to accomplish
Yeah, but he would first need to pass an online test to obtain a "key code" to insert into the space ship for it to start.

Last edited by falcon_56; 02-04-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:40 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Bad ALPA,. bad, bad, bad. They are probably just hysterically overreacting over the remote possibility of a Lipo powered toy being ingested by an engine. So what is the big deal? It's a really big engine, so what harm could a little quad do? Tsk, tsk.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:49 PM
My Feedback: (31)

ALPA beruacratic blowhards at it again just like with the 3rd class pilot medical issue! RCU alpa members out there,sorry your leader comes across as a pompous uninformed a?? !
Old 02-12-2016, 10:58 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Then they better define "drone" because my 30 year old Top Flight P-51 doesn't have all that new fangled, gee wiz, fly by itself technology and it never will! Dang corporate cattle car drivers, who do they think they are?