Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HobbyKing is disgusting.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 06:05 PM
JMCHASE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive only lost two bedrooms and half my garage

Last edited by JMCHASE; 03-21-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:29 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must be new to the hobby.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:50 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I've "rolled the dice" on a couple of small HK orders for micro-sized RC equipment.
So far, so good. I don't risk enough on any order to fret about it.
I do the same with Harbor Freight stuff. For example I bought the HF pressure washer and it has already paid for itself after a few uses compared to paying for rental units. Even if it broke down tomorrow, I'm already ahead of the game.
Back to HK, thanks to the free exchange of "Consumer Reports" that have been submitted at RCU I have been armed with enough information to know that I would not trust them any further than how far I can throw a wadded up 20 dollar bill.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:44 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
I've "rolled the dice" on a couple of small HK orders for micro-sized RC equipment.
So far, so good. I don't risk enough on any order to fret about it.
I do the same with Harbor Freight stuff. For example I bought the HF pressure washer and it has already paid for itself after a few uses compared to paying for rental units. Even if it broke down tomorrow, I'm already ahead of the game.
Back to HK, thanks to the free exchange of "Consumer Reports" that have been submitted at RCU I have been armed with enough information to know that I would not trust them any further than how far I can throw a wadded up 20 dollar bill.
No you aren't, you were better off renting,,you paid good money for a piece of crap, if you bought a quality one, it would last for 25-30 years, or you'd be able to re sell it for a decent return, it's just that kind of dispose of it when it breaks mentality that has made it harder and harder to find quality tools and materials, too many companies cheeping down to compete for the cheapskate's business.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:29 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have decided that every tool I own does not have to be the highest quality. If it is useful for my needs, then I will buy the cheap version. At my estate sale, you will still only pay five cents on the dollar. Tools that I use often and depend on, I am willing to pay more.

Sometimes, Hobby King meets my needs, other times I am willing to go top drawer. Equally often money is wasted on top quality.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:06 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
No you aren't, you were better off renting,,you paid good money for a piece of crap, if you bought a quality one, it would last for 25-30 years, or you'd be able to re sell it for a decent return, it's just that kind of dispose of it when it breaks mentality that has made it harder and harder to find quality tools and materials, too many companies cheeping down to compete for the cheapskate's business.
Mine still works just fine 5+ years later and I've located an upgraded pump [all brass] when the original one wears out.
The engine is a Honda clone and has been rock steady.
If I was a pro who relied on these machines daily, I would have bought a Honda. The reality is, I use a pressure washer about 16 hours per year.
Brand name units can fail too, this is why they sell replacement parts. Most failures are due to the user forgetting about maintaining the oil level.
A daily rental fee is over $100 which causes the user to rush through the project plus lose time picking up and returning the unit.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:44 AM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a Bushmaster from HK, East warehouse plus a battery and some soldering stuff late summer. Everything was fine, well packaged and reasonable shipping time. I like Hobby King. I like the Bushmaster.

Bill in Pa.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:11 PM
TampaRC

For what its worth, I had good luck with them over the years with my few orders up until the last few months. Got a 1/10 rc car with a dead esc, and I was lucky enough to find a US rep on one of the forums who helped me get a replacement. If I would not have found him, I hate to think of the results. Next order sat unshipped for 9 days. Customer service said that they had a high order volume. Not my problem. After complaint after complaint, it finally shipped. You would think after all these years they would have things figured out.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:00 AM
topflyer

Nice to know I'm not the only one who had a bad experience with Hobby King, never again..