Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hangar 9 - Sbach & Engine

Old 11-11-2016, 06:24 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hangar 9 - Sbach & Engine

I have been searching for any information on the 60 size Hangar 9 Sbach and engine combination. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much out there on this plane or the Evo 15gx engine that is recommended for it. I am considering the Sbach, but have some indecision on the engine to use. I have read complaints about the Evolution 15GX, but it seems that they are talking about the non-pumped version. I have 3 possible choices... DLE20 (rear exhaust), Evolution 15GX, or the O.S. GGT 15. The only other thing that I have read in a post is that the Sbach seems a little heavy, but others have disputed that comment.

Anyone out there flying this plane with any of the engines that I have listed?....or have a link to any write up on either?
Old 11-14-2016, 11:07 AM
jdmachinery
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out 'Hangar 9 Sbach 60' on RCGroups, a few photos of DLE 20 engines mounted, a multitude of E-Power set-up, & some build tips. I had started out with a Supertigre 75 & pitts muffler but don't want to butcher that beautiful cowl & am changing over to E-Power. The kit came with a E-Power motor mount & a really slick battery tray, I will have to cut away the glow power throttle servo mount which is no big deal & fab an esc mount tray over the landing gear plate. I changed out the LG axles to some old Carl Goldberg axles which are far better than threaded machine screws supplied & will reinforce the LG plate as shown in the thread. From all appearances this is one super plane & one of the best ARF's Ive ever seen.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:09 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks JD, since I submitted this, I have changed plane choices to the Hangar 9 - Escapade MX 30 cc. I am going with an OS GT33 as the engine. Still have some things to sort out though. The engine is mounted at an angle which makes it tricky to use a pitts style muffler. Once it get the plane and the engine on the bench, I will do some modification to make sure the pitts muffler, and the GT33 fit under the cowl. I haven't given up on the Sbach, but for now it is the Escapade.