Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old plans, pdf, and converting them back to original size

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old plans, pdf, and converting them back to original size

Old 02-13-2018, 06:48 AM
76htodchris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old plans, pdf, and converting them back to original size

hello Universe,

I have found a nice pdf version of an original midwest sweet stik plan - converted down to 8x11. I don't see a scale on this pdf, and would like to blow it back up to scratch build a sweet stik. this pdf is the early version of the kit, identical to the plans I had when I first built my kit in 1980.

thanks in advance,

Chris
Old 02-13-2018, 02:00 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In Adobe, you should be able to print as "poster", then it will print out in lots of 8.5x11 sheets.

Here are (2), you can save them to a thumb drive and take to an office supply and have them printed at what size you need.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=9068

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=8210

Buzz.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:38 PM
76htodchris

Mr Buzzard,

I fancy myself as a techie - I use adobe all the time, as well as other systems for work. Today, I feel like my dad, who looked at a computer like it was that big bit o honey bar in 2001 - A Space Odessey. I can't even spell oddesy.

Really appreciate that - it worked perfectly. I owe you....something.

cheers
Chris
Dallas
Old 02-14-2018, 12:50 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome. Sometimes we use something so much yet just over look something that is right in front of use.

I bet your number of plans will start to grow. Oh I like this one, print, oh I have to have this one, I just have to have that one. If you look around outerzone, they all sorts of plans. You know the ones you just can not live with out.

Buzz.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:01 PM
76htodchris

yep. i found the liberty sport plans and instructions on sig, and we were all going back and forth on how to get it printed - the plans were larger than what a regular printer can do at say, kinkos, or whatever. by like 3 inches. while this is more work to cut and tape, whatever, its very portable. and now I've figured out to take a snip of a section, and just print that. there is a box you can check that allows you to mark the cut marks. they are kinda obvious, but with the marks, you can lay down a straight edge, and run a blade over it. much cleaner.

thanks again.