Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Buying On Line

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 11:16 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Buying On Line

Are there any hobby shops or main line retailers who will accept USPS money orders in lieu of a credit card or paypal.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:41 PM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tower does

https://www.towerhobbies.com/ordering.html

You could always get a pre-paid Visa or Mastercard gift card and load it with the money you need for your purchases. IIRC, you can get them at Walmart etc.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:57 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Tower gives directions on where to send a money order as previously linked. It would still have to be processed once received. Depending on their policy on that would determine when your order ships. If you're not in any hurry of course that's one way to do it. I would imagine many mainstream vendors would be fine with that scenario as well.

It's all in how much time you're wanting to spend avoiding using PP or CC, as it can all still be done without using them. These days it seems using other forms of payment for online payment (USPS, personal check, cash) does reduce your options on which vendors accept that type of transaction. As the vendor options are reduced, so is the products that you can get. Not every vendor carries everything. You could do it old-school though, like we've done many times years ago... print out an order form, fill it out, send that along with your M.O, sit and wait, and hope it's all correct... LOL

Maybe the best thing you could do is go to a local hobby shop and have them order for you. I'm not sure what's available in Barstow though. I've been through there many times, but never searched for a shop... as it's just a pass through for me other then stopping for a meal once in a while.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:49 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The closet hobby shop is Pegasus located in Montclair and that would cost me $40 dollars in gas. I found a vendor (Motion RC) that will accept USPS money orders.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:13 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another option is a pre-paid card from your bank. My daughter received a pre-paid card from her aunt, and conversation came up about it and it was free from TD Bank since she was an account holder.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:19 PM
BPLizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flycatch
The closet hobby shop is Pegasus located in Montclair and that would cost me $40 dollars in gas. I found a vendor (Motion RC) that will accept USPS money orders.
Thanks for the tip about Pegasus. They seem to have more inventory than the hobby shop close to my place. I'll check it out.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:44 AM
nomis38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd also say id just do a prepaid card