Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

The Passing of a great model airplane Enthusiasts

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

The Passing of a great model airplane Enthusiasts

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 07:07 AM
Jeff Denham
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Passing of a great model airplane Enthusiasts

morning all, Don’t know if this was the place to share this or not , anyway His Name is Walter Cloer he passed yesterday morn At 530 he had Battled Alzheimer’s and Dementia for some years he was 83, My Freind and one of my mentors, he was a kind man and a family man pets included and most of all was a serious model airplane guy for at least 70years he was born in Colorado but was a California native for many years. A very Innovative man in his hay day producing one of the Worlds first pre fabricated Scale 96inch DC3s in the mid Seventies , and also contributed to the movie the Aviator in Assistance Of building of the power systems in the model electric Spruce goose , Also a major contribution and builder of a electric flying field in Costamesa California, he will be greatly missed but Never Forgotten, Love Ya Walt Rest In Peace your friend always Jeff D.

Last edited by Jeff Denham; 08-27-2019 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:27 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I’m sorry for the loss of your friend and mentor. Great talents leave us every day.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:47 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Sad to hear and Rest in Peace, Sir. There is a man almost his age at my flying field and he is a treasure trove of knowledge. When we fly we are carrying on the legacy of passed hobbyists is how I like to look at it. I actually just purchased two planes from a relative of a hobbyist who passed away and so his passion lives on. When I will be gone I just hope younger guys will still be doing it.

Last edited by AllModesR/C; 09-06-2019 at 06:51 PM.