Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Beware, Possible Phishing from Twoer Hobbies

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Beware, Possible Phishing from Twoer Hobbies

Old 01-06-2020, 04:33 PM
acdii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware, Possible Phishing from Twoer Hobbies

Received an email with Tower Hobbies information, It seemed a bit odd because the sent from address is not a tower or HH domain. Hover over the links and none direct you to the tower web site. If you get one, delete it.

Links removed for your protection.

Dear Customer,
We thank you for your continued business with Tower Hobbies. We are updating our privacy policy.

In addition, we are implementing stricter controls on logon credentials. As a result, we have reset your password on our site. To create your new password, please use this link: and follow the instructions.
Thank you again for your business.
Tower Hobbies
Old 01-06-2020, 05:56 PM
warningshot

Originally Posted by acdii View Post
Received an email with Tower Hobbies information, It seemed a bit odd because the sent from address is not a tower or HH domain. Hover over the links and none direct you to the tower web site. If you get one, delete it.

Links removed for your protection.
I got the same email.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:03 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

so, have you logged on to the actual tower site, just to see if they really have reset your password?
Old 01-06-2020, 08:10 PM
acdii

I did, once I found what my login was. LOL Haven't logged in since the acquisition.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:43 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo View Post
so, have you logged on to the actual tower site, just to see if they really have reset your password?
I went directly to Tower,, had to reset mine too

Just leave the password box empty,, hit the send button and you will go to the reset your password page,,, Easy from there

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 01-07-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:27 AM
acdii

I got a response back from Tower. They confirmed that they did indeed send this email out. As with anything, always pays to check first, verify before trust.

Thank you for writing Tower Hobbies. This email is to address a few different concerns brought to us regarding an email(s) we sent to set your Tower Hobbies password and/or privacy policy update. If we did not address your specific concerns, please let us now and we will be happy to help in any way we can.

1. Yes, Tower Hobbies did send out an email stating that we have new password requirements and you will need to re-set your password. This was not phishing or a scam. We used our Marketing email account so the from email address may have looked a little concerning. We apologize for any concern this caused.

2. There are two ways to get your password re-set. One requires you to know the phone number or a previous invoice number to move forward. We cannot supply this to you. The other is the "email me a password" reset and it is simple and requires no special information. Here is how you easily get to the email option.
On our account sign in page on our web site: enter your customer number or email address and leave the password blank.
The next page will give you options, one is in a yellow box and in red it says To reset your password (email option). This is the option you want if you don't know the phone number or invoice number. It is an automated email we send. It should arrive in minutes and may be filtered into your junk, spam or other folders.

3. The privacy notice update we sent out is just that. We must always notify our customers when we have an update to our privacy notice. You will not be opted into any additional Marketing correspondence than you already have. This is not a trick to get you signed up for more.

Our goal was to help protect your account and account data. Tower Hobbies takes pride in the fact that we have never had a security breach in the 49 years of being in business and aim to keep that record going. Protecting our customers is important to us, YOU are important to us.

Please contact us if we did not address your specific concern or if you have additional questions.

Wishing you a healthy and happy 2020,

The Tower Hobbies Team