Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Kmp me 109

Old 01-20-2020, 08:39 PM
Spitpilot
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kmp me 109

I have picked up a KMP ME(BF)109, 73" span model and have just finished some repair work to the wings and fuse. Can anyone out there tell me what the recommended right thrust would be for this model. I have many warbirds, spitfire, P51 etc which typically have 1.5 - 2 deg of down thrust and about 2 deg of right thrust - this BF109 has about the same down thrust but essentially no right thrust. I'm about to make a change to give it 2 degrees of right thrust but thought I would put the question out there for comment.
Thanks in advance.
John.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:00 PM
Oosiksmith
My Feedback: (1)

Its not the same plane, but the CMP BF-109F, which has the same wingspan as the KMP, is negative 2 deg down and plus 2 deg right.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:51 PM
Spitpilot
My Feedback: (12)

Originally Posted by Oosiksmith View Post
Its not the same plane, but the CMP BF-109F, which has the same wingspan as the KMP, is negative 2 deg down and plus 2 deg right.
Thank you 0osiksmith, I have close to 2 deg down thrust and managed to get about 1.5 deg right thrust by shimming under the engine mounts so I guess I will find out during the first flight. Probably have to put some extra right rudder during the takeoff roll.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:35 PM
Oosiksmith
My Feedback: (1)

You should post this question in the Warbirds forum...there a lot of KMP-knowledgeable people there who can confirm what you need to know.