Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How will our hobby be affected by the Coronavirus OutbreaK?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How will our hobby be affected by the Coronavirus OutbreaK?

Old 07-04-2020, 06:36 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (53)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Jay

Great Respect Jay!

Congratulations with getting into the building side of the hobby! You will be amazed at how time flies in the hobby room. You will go into build in the morning, next thing you know, itís late afternoon. You will feel personal pride being able to take a box of wood and turn it into a flying plane. You will know how to repair it, should something arise, versus the guys who start with ARFís and have no idea how to fix their plane with minimal mechanical abilities. If I may suggest when you can afford it, buy a Great Planes Simulator. All of the crashes are free with the reset button! When choosing an instructor to help you, make sure that you watch all of them with other students and their success. You also donít have to choose a Club Instructor. Some Club instructors, even though they mean well, arenít good instructors. You donít want all of your hardwork to end up in the ground. The simulator will greatly reduce your time with an instructor. Use YouTube for help building too.
80% of my hobby is building. It truly can be a relaxing time. Best wishes!
Old 08-12-2020, 02:42 AM
ronron99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None virus can effect the hobby if you are passionate about it
Old 08-12-2020, 04:58 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

One of the local clubs, the TORKS, is hosting their first swap meet with C/L flying only this year. It will be held in the parking lot of their field next month on the 12th. I hope they can pull it off. They are asking for vendors to RSVP but there is no charge to the sellers or anyone else. Vendors must provide their own tables and tents though. The club won't make anything off it, I think they just want a bit of normalcy.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:23 PM
bisco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lot of newbies like myself, and some returning to the hobby after many years, looking for a passtime during stay at home orders
Old 09-15-2020, 07:12 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Just a F.Y.I. Horizon is giving big discounts on Saito engines and other engines along with parts.