Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hello all, starting a few of my nephews out in the hobby.

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hello all, starting a few of my nephews out in the hobby.

Old 02-03-2020, 06:53 AM
Oneloveknk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all, starting a few of my nephews out in the hobby.

Hello all , starting a few of my nephews out in the hobby is harder than I thought? As I have been MIA for 10 years myself, a lot has changed! I remember the time of plugging in the chip in the transmitter and receiver and you were ready to go lol.
Last week I decided to pick up a few RC so when the weekend came I can teach them the proper way to setup the cars and the proper way to store them when not in use. Boy was I wrong! It took us a few hours to charge the battery’s set up the carry cases and to get to the park when we got there I noticed the cars would turn left and right but wouldn’t accelerate. Went through all the trouble shooting and about an hour and a half they decided that we should try next week lol.

What we are starting with is Traxxas Stampede & Rustler & Bandit , but I really do miss my HPI Electric RS4 MT 4WD.

So I ended up dropping them off and headed to RC Madness in Enfield CT. Thanks to the Owner he helped me figure it out in a few seconds and off I went. Hopefully this week coming will be a bit better. Apparently we will all be learning together.

Last edited by Oneloveknk; 02-03-2020 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:46 PM
Oneloveknk

Well was not able to make it out this week do to weather. Decided to order my very own truck. So there is no need two share with my 6 younger nephews. Buying one for each of them is taking a toll lol, but better for them to all have their own so they can learn how to take care of them.

Quick snap shot of my order,

hopefully next week Iíll have photos of them driving for the first time?
Old 02-17-2020, 03:02 AM
Oneloveknk

Morning all, ....... and one more to go.
I would really like to thank Chris and staff at RC Madness in Enfield CT for all the help getting us started!

Last edited by Oneloveknk; 02-17-2020 at 03:17 AM.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:53 PM
Oneloveknk

First time out went better than expected! Only one vehicle down, now to source suspension arms.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:47 AM
Oneloveknk

Decided to add a few more to the Collection. Figure I should really learn my way around Traxxas before something major happens?
Old 03-19-2020, 03:28 PM
Lectric74

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice collection, and a cool uncle to do that. What happened to the one that went down?
Old 03-19-2020, 03:49 PM
Oneloveknk

Hello Lectric74, It was the caster block on the right side that snapped. I was going to replace them with the factory ones but the shop said I would be better off with the RPM ones..... So far so good on the Stampede lol
But now I have another one down

Two of them decided training mode was to slow and this happened so hopefully they will listen to my advice next time as Iím still on training mode myself lol 😂. Ps and thank you
Old 03-19-2020, 03:53 PM
Oneloveknk

Also finally got my wife to hydro dip one of my Traxxas Body/shells as she is the one that paints all my R/C cars then (10 years ago)and I guess now 😂

I love the way this came out! Her first time hydro dipping
Ps also like to thank Honey Lou Lou on her YouTube tutorial
and Jesse Volk on his YouTube tutorial on helping me bring back and old set of HPI wheels ( How to dye rc wheels)

Last edited by Oneloveknk; 03-19-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:14 PM
Lectric74

Interesting that they recommend a solution other than their own, that's good service there. I've been focusing on the gas side of things, maybe I need to take a closer look at Traxxas. Thank you
Old 03-19-2020, 04:20 PM
Oneloveknk

Oh I’m sorry, Not The Traxxas shop. The shop I use is RC Madness in Enfield CT. They have been really great with advice and parts
Old 03-19-2020, 04:26 PM
Lectric74

Still good to know that there might be some better replacement parts out there, I'll check out their lineup as I'd like to get a car or two my nephews can run when camping, and the gas machines are a bit much for the little ones right now. I'm not exactly close to CT over in UT lol. And their dad is the one who gave me the current collection of stuff.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:36 PM
Oneloveknk

Originally Posted by Lectric74 View Post
Still good to know that there might be some better replacement parts out there, I'll check out their lineup as I'd like to get a car or two my nephews can run when camping, and the gas machines are a bit much for the little ones right now. I'm not exactly close to CT over in UT lol. And their dad is the one who gave me the current collection of stuff.
Oh lol, well my second favorite place to shop when my local shop does not have cars in stock is right in Utah lol
RCplanet just ordered my X0-1 and 4x4 Rustler from them and a few other parts they seem to be really nice! As I ordered the wrong thing and the next day I called them hoping that it was not to late? They ended up stopping the order and changing the wrong battery to the right Lipo batter for my 2WD rustler so I would like to thank them too! Thank You RCPLANET.com
Ps wow life is a circle ⭕️ so he started you off and now you are returning the favor lol love that!

Last edited by Oneloveknk; 03-19-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:49 PM
Lectric74

That is good to know, I know where they are and can use them for a couple of the cars I got that I need some parts for. Thank you again.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:51 PM
Lectric74

He didn't really start me off, I was into a lot of electric RC when I was younger, but as my kids grew the funding dwindled and I got out for a while. He had all this stuff that he wanted to get to but has decided life is too busy and he wanted them to go where they will get used. I will use everything, but I'd like to be able to give back a bit as I love those two boys. I plan, as they grow a bit more, to let them run the bigger gas buggy, but I'd like them to have some real fun with some smaller electric buggies when they are up camping with us.
The following users liked this post:
Oneloveknk (03-19-2020)