Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hello everyone, I could use some help identifying what I was given

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hello everyone, I could use some help identifying what I was given

Old 03-10-2020, 05:07 PM
Lectric74

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello everyone, I could use some help identifying what I was given

Hi everyone, new member just given a bunch of RC stuff by my brother in law, but need some help identifying what it is. Unfortunately I need to get 10 posts in before I can attach pictures, so I thought I'd start out with an introduction, and an idea of what I have.

So first item given is a Hobbico Avistar 40 that appears to be in really good shape. It has an OS 40, and the RX, servos and battery are in it. However, it didn't come with a TX, so I'm likely going to change out some things with a new RX and possibly new servos, battery needs to be replaced as it's been sitting a while. I will have to clean the engine, and make a minor repair to the coating on the wing where something hit it and put a small hole.

Next up is a HPI Nitro RS4 with a truck body on it. It appears to be intact and the TX is there, but he told me he had issues keeping the muffler attached to the engine, and I think it needs a shock.

Next was a Walker CB180D electric heli. This one came with some spare parts but appears RTF. TX is there, and everything is ready to roll, but the Li-Po battery shows a bulge so I will need to replace it.

The next two are the ones I will need help with, one is a nitro buggy, but I don't know make/model info yet. This one he said was quick enough that he didn't pay attention and wrecked it. It needs some control arms and a couple of the shocks replaced likely. I haven't checked the engine out close, but it seemed very stiff when attempting to pull the recoil starter. The other is a "truck" of some kind. I missed getting a picture of the body last night, so I will have to do that tonight, and it appears to be electric as I have a big tackle box full of parts and pieces, including 3 or 4 motors. One of the motors is supposed to be the stock motor, but I need to figure out what it is to be able to reassemble it from it's current rolling chassis state.

In addition there was a flight box with pump, starter, balancer, and a few glow plug igniters, as well as extra parts for the heli, plane, and the different cars. There is also at least one extra 2 channel radio that I'm not sure what it was intended to be used with. All in all a pretty good collection, and hopefully I can get through 10 posts quickly and get some help identifying the two I don't know.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:44 PM
DTFutaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like you got a pretty good start to a collection. The Avi .40 is a great trainer if you dont know how to fly yet. Depending on the servos, I wouldn't replace them. I've using hundreds of Futaba and Airtronics servos with not failures... though they may have a little slop and low power, they are damn near bulletproof in the right circumstances.

I dont know cars or helis though so i can't give you any feedback there.

The 2 channel TX may be one of the cars you got, but without the pictures I couldn't tell you.

The flight box sound like an impressive parts and tool collection.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:53 AM
Lectric74

Originally Posted by DTFutaba View Post
looks like you got a pretty good start to a collection. The Avi .40 is a great trainer if you dont know how to fly yet. Depending on the servos, I wouldn't replace them. I've using hundreds of Futaba and Airtronics servos with not failures... though they may have a little slop and low power, they are damn near bulletproof in the right circumstances.

The 2 channel TX may be one of the cars you got, but without the pictures I couldn't tell you.

The flight box sound like an impressive parts and tool collection.
Thank you, I think there is either a spare TX or maybe the original owner had another car that didn't come with all the stuff. Either way, I think I've got everything nailed down except the model of the OFNA buggy that I haven't gotten to yet.

Good to know on the servos, I have flown but it's been years since I flew, so I figured it would be a good start to get back into it. I really want to get into jet, but it's going to take some financial planning.

I've been able to identify all the cars except this one if anyone has any ideas, I know it is an Ofna, but not which model and I will need to buy some parts for it that got broke by the previous owner.

Ofna buggy, no idea which model.

Radio with the Ofna, but likely purchased separate.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:20 PM
qtix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-08-2020, 04:14 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks to be a Ofna Violator 9.5

if anyone still has part it would be these guys https://www.nitrohouse.com/ otherwise you'll have to look on ebay

good luck
Old 05-11-2020, 01:09 PM
Lectric74

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
Looks to be a Ofna Violator 9.5

if anyone still has part it would be these guys https://www.nitrohouse.com/ otherwise you'll have to look on ebay

good luck
Thank you for that, it appears to actually be a 9.5 MBX based on the look, but that page you provided does have parts so that's excellent. Thank you very much.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:55 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad to help