Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

low lifes,

Old 03-16-2020, 09:37 AM
rlp55
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low lifes,

Any one at Perry this year had anything taking with out paying? I had 5 four stroke engines stolen. One was a enya 155 four stroke, new in box, I talked to importer and he did not know about engine, If he did know about engine, it must be rare. I anyone tries to sell it, then can assume it was stolen, Out of all the engines stolen, this one was the most expensive and most liked. I brought it to perry to find out something about it. I will have a camera on each of my tables. If I catch I will more than go to jail. I work to hard for what I have. I understand other tables had something stolen. It is a shame that we can not go to swap meet see thing. he or she needs to be hung by balls until dead.
Richard
Old 03-16-2020, 10:14 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Yea, there were a bunch of thefts at Florida Jets last weekend.

people suck
Old 03-16-2020, 02:14 PM
carlgrover

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard a few complaints about thieves. I happened to walk up to a table just after a guy made off with an engine. The vendor saw him and had someone fetch the guy back. The guy told the vendor he may have walked off without paying for it. The vendor was a hell of a lot classier about it than I would have been. I told him I would have given the guy 10' then I would have cold cocked him.

It's hard to believe that there are thieves among modelers. Several years ago I would never have given it any thought. Now it's more so than ever.

carl
Old 03-16-2020, 02:34 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Modelers are definitely not spared from thieves. I bought and paid for 2 receivers from a guy in a classified ad and he never shipped anything.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:27 PM
init4fun

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by carlgrover View Post
......It's hard to believe that there are thieves among modelers. Several years ago I would never have given it any thought. Now it's more so than ever......
Sadly this is nothing new , even among modelers .
A quick look at the top of the page at the sticky threads will reveal two different ones from 2013 ; "Anyone know this light fingered Louie" and "Another light fingered Louie" .

Thank God we now have such great miniature cameras to help catch the thieves ....
Old 03-20-2020, 03:56 PM
rlp55
My Feedback: (110)

Yes and will have camers set up on two or three places. I hate to do it because I will more go to if I catch him or her.
Richard
Old 03-24-2020, 04:30 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Problem is now, even worse than in the past,, a guy who gets busted stealing a $900 engine gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist,, most states misdemeanor petty theft is tops out around $1000,, that's a lot of light fingering before you get a felony charge or can expect to see any jail time,, worse case the guy busted will have to pick up some trash on the freeway or work at Good Will for a few weekends, If all you're going to do is require a few hours of Community Service for theft,, you're going to continue to have more and more theft...

So, If you have stuff that easy to walk off with,, you better have someone watching it constantly, or lock it up, because if you go all tough guy and beat someone up,, you're the one that's likely to end up in jail
Old 03-27-2020, 05:41 AM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

.... with many large cities no longer bothering to arrest and/or prosecutor thefts under 1000$, things will only get worse.

Welcome to the world run by social justice warriors who believe the thieves are the victims.

Last edited by Sharpy01; 03-27-2020 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:50 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpy01 View Post
.... with many large cities no longer bothering to arrest and/or prosecutor thefts under 1000$, things will only get worse.

Welcome to the world run by social justice warriors who believe the thieves are the victims.
I noticed the paper in Windsor has stopped printing the police report re petty theft, break ins/home invasions and such. Wonder if this is to keep the panic from building during this virus threat..

Dennis
Old 03-27-2020, 12:31 PM
scale only 4 me

Q- Why would a news paper want to keep the news from you???

A- It's no longer a news paper and has become a propaganda rag
The following users liked this post:
Big Alice (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 12:43 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think modelers are doing most of the stealing. At least I hope not. I think a lot of it fueled by the general public's belief about the cost of our hobby. I've been contacted a few times from families that lost a loved one in the hobby. When you tell them what the stuff is worth it makes them mad. I've quit giving values for that reason.

David
Old 03-27-2020, 12:51 PM
scale only 4 me

I wish,, before I moved to Ohio, I took a bunch of stuff to the field on a Saturday,, a big crowd blitzed the table, all regular flyers there,, Several things turned up missing,, pretty sure they were stolen by my so called fellow modelers when I wasn't looking,, lesson learned