Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Toledo Show No More

Old 07-11-2020, 02:19 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Toledo Show No More

It heard the Weak Signals are no longer going to put on the spring Toledo show and swap meet. All done folks it is no more.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:04 AM
warningshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who is It?
Old 07-11-2020, 11:10 AM
init4fun

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by warningshot View Post
Who is It?
Here you go warningshot , the press release from the Toledo Weak Signals RC club announcing the show's cancellation .

Old 07-11-2020, 04:45 PM
warningshot

Originally Posted by Propworn;12617166[b
]It heard t[/b]he Weak Signals are no longer going to put on the spring Toledo show and swap meet. All done folks it is no more.
Just wanted who this it is.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:17 PM
perttime

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No need to nag about the typo.

https://www.toledoshow.com/
Old 07-12-2020, 06:29 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (53)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sad..... The first time that I went was in 1976. As with the true builders, we are slowly going away into history.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:15 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was lucky to attend this show once in 1997 and it was a great experience for me!
RIP!
Michael Johnston
Old 07-13-2020, 12:12 PM
carlgrover

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never got to go. Just a little out of reach for my neck of the woods. I did get to go to the Atlanta trade show 2 or 3 times many many years ago. It's been gone for a long time. It's a shame that these shows are going away. I wonder how this will affect the turnout at Perry next year? It might be completely packed.

carl
Old 07-13-2020, 01:35 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Toledo Show: What was Once, Never to be Again. Sadly!

Hi Everyone;

We attended all the Toledos' from 1970 thro 1980, except '84, as we were attending Mardi Gras in da Big Easy; we were part of a big group driving down from Ontario, Canada, always prepared for a good time.

Those 70's Toledos' were Great, All the Big Co.s' represented: the legendary Kraft Radio Booths, Futaba, Orbit, Airtronics, SIG, AAMCO, Sullivan Products, Craft Air, Coverite, Top Flight, Midwest, Hobby Poxy....on & on, + so many more; + meeting all the Greats' Personalities: Phil Kraft and the Kraft Gang, Matty Sullivan, Hal deBolt, Mark Smith, Bev Smith, Hazel Sigafoose, Lou Andrews,Carl Goldberg, and so many others. And then making good Friends: like Jim Finley, Chris Makin, George Aldrich, Frank Garcher....Frank inviting us to the wonderful after hours Midwest Parties, a spectical in itself.

Oh my, oh my, All the wonderful memories, 'a'nudder time/a'nudder place'.

Sadly, I guess, All good things must come to an end. We are living in new uncertain times; and really, if you think not too hard about it, we are currently living history itself, and are all part of history's latest chapter, wherever it leads.....

Will close for now: Toledo: Like Bob Hope's old theme song, "Thanx for the memories'. Best regards to Everyone from Wickenburg, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:44 AM
ramboy

I remember when the Toledo Show moved to the Seagate Center in the early 90s. That was something to celebrate.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:49 AM
Penelopet

that's sad.. but everything should comee to an end.