Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

St Louis Buder Park RC flying site video tour

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

St Louis Buder Park RC flying site video tour

Old 09-20-2020, 03:00 PM
clscale-Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St Louis Buder Park RC flying site video tour

Video Tour of the fixed wing RC flying site at Buder Park in St Louis MO
Old 09-24-2020, 05:16 PM
boogermeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to get a permit to fly there, I only liver 10 minutes away. Do they pro rate the permit fee as there are only 3 months left this year? I cannot get an answer from GSLMA, no replies to my emails.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:43 AM
RebElliot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lived in St. Louis for a little over a year but moved back to Kansas City earlier this year, around the time Covid began. I had moved for work in order to keep my job as retirement neared, so it was never a long term plan. I lived about 10 minutes to the north of the flying field. I dropped by on a number of occasions just to see what people were flying. I think it's a really nice facility with a huge airspace (given that it's still inside the greater metro area), and I liked the attitude of the people who fly there. They weren't too strict, but nor did they have anyone flying foolishly. I thought it was better overall than anything we have in KC. I never flew there since I only brought my Slow Stick and Conscendo to STL. I love flying both, but they can be pretty boring in such a big open space like Buder. I preferred to fly those at a school very near to where I lived. If I wanted to fly something bigger or faster, I would definitely join the club there. Actually I would have joined just for socializing with people having shared interests, but my work schedule that year was crazy.