Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Toledo Show 2021

Old 01-15-2021, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Toledo Show 2021

Hello guys..Ive been watching the toledo show site and it hasnt changed in months..What I would like to know is if anyone has a better update on the toledo show for this year.. Will the show go on or is it over for good as the impression I get from the site...Ive been going for years fathfully and if its over it will be well missed..The show has been getting smaller each year due to the internet, but has always held its own..Me and the grandsons always got a room rite there at the seagate center and could go to the show as we wanted, after a little rest..That was nice..anyone got some news...thx gary
Old 01-16-2021, 04:56 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Gary , this is the press release from the Toledo Weak Signals RC club announcing the show's cancellation .

Old 01-16-2021, 11:08 AM

thx for the picture, its the samething I have read over and over when I visit the toledo show site.. I was just hoping that i was reading it wrong. but with your reply i guess we can iust say good by to a weekend of great r/c shopping with good old friends and vendures. I am really going to miss the saturday nite auction, and the drinks also..It was a good nite. Are there any other good shows close to our area that are worth going to.. thx gary... Just chime in guys.. lol..
Old 01-16-2021, 01:26 PM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Show is probably gone for ever,,, but the Swap shop is on

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-9th-10th-2021
The following users liked this post:
tailskid (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 07:58 PM

I just followed the link to the toledo swap show and was happy to see that someone picked up on the event and to keep it going somewhat..I think Ill be leaving real early friday morning for toledo..got to make a room reservation at the seagate, for 9and 10..It would be nice if the seagate would lower their price for rooms..Any other time the rooms go for 65 - 90 a nite..Ive been paying 125 a nite because of the weaksignals. We'll see what happens,,but I'll be there.. garyh
Old 01-18-2021, 04:02 AM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

You'd think it would be cheaper this year,, low demand and all

I'm on the fence weather I go or not at this point
Old 01-18-2021, 10:46 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by garyh70
I just followed the link to the toledo swap show and was happy to see that someone picked up on the event and to keep it going somewhat..I think Ill be leaving real early friday morning for toledo..got to make a room reservation at the seagate, for 9and 10..It would be nice if the seagate would lower their price for rooms..Any other time the rooms go for 65 - 90 a nite..Ive been paying 125 a nite because of the weaksignals. We'll see what happens,,but I'll be there.. garyh
Have you ever tried one of those on line hotel booking services that claim to be able to find the cheapest rate ? I think if my memory is correct that William Shatner used to advertise for one called "Priceline" .
Old 01-18-2021, 05:28 PM

It will be cheeper this year,, Priceline and others are locked out from pricing the seagate rooms, but the rooms are 95 instead of 125, from 2 years ago rite from park inn..The wife caught me price checking and had some good points on the subject..Even though we will be getting our Covid19 shots this saturday, we're both 71+ we have discused and decided we'll wait one more year, just to be safe..Hope the swap goes good so I can look forward to next year...gary