Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Fraudulent vendor website?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Fraudulent vendor website?

Old 05-26-2022, 04:41 PM
baerster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fraudulent vendor website?

Hello, I wonder if anyone has had experiences with "Getrehabclinic.us," which purports to sell discontinued name-brand RC planes for around 75% off retail. I assume their scam is to take your money and then they send you either nothing or something worthless.

If anyone has insight into who this is, or if there are any ways to report them, I'd appreciate knowing about it. (I did report them to PayPal, as they take PayPal payments.)
Old 05-27-2022, 02:19 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by baerster
Hello, I wonder if anyone has had experiences with "Getrehabclinic.us," which purports to sell discontinued name-brand RC planes for around 75% off retail. I assume their scam is to take your money and then they send you either nothing or something worthless.

If anyone has insight into who this is, or if there are any ways to report them, I'd appreciate knowing about it. (I did report them to PayPal, as they take PayPal payments.)
"Located in Singapore" ..... Nope, no thank you, I don't need to be sending any money there......

In general, discontinued name brand RC planes, especially if they were popular models, sell for more than original retail, and not at "fire sale" prices
Old 05-27-2022, 04:10 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Get rehab clinic?
The following users liked this post:
baerster (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 06:59 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow sometimes its amazing the chances some will take for the cheapest price then moan when they get taken.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:46 AM
baerster

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Get rehab clinic?
Yeah, I wonder what the story is behind that name. Maybe someone who doesn't know English picked a random URL that became available? Maybe it's someone's idea of a joke?
Old 05-29-2022, 02:50 AM
baerster

Originally Posted by Propworn
Wow sometimes its amazing the chances some will take for the cheapest price then moan when they get taken.
It's interesting to me that there are so many scam websites selling RC stuff. I suppose there are scam sites selling everything else too, but for some reason, I have come across more scam RC sites than anything else. Must have something to do with the way search engines work.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:06 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by baerster
Yeah, I wonder what the story is behind that name. Maybe someone who doesn't know English picked a random URL that became available? Maybe it's someone's idea of a joke?
I doubt it's a joke, more likely a leftover URL from the last scam the scumbag ran, scamming people in need of one type of rehab or other......
Old 06-11-2022, 01:37 PM
Kemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's highly likely a scam. They didn't bother to change the template from wherever they got it. Head to the FAQ page and you'll see another domain name referenced. I would advise NOT to click the link.