Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Control line airplanes

Old 06-12-2022, 11:29 AM
Dan OBannon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control line airplanes

I have some vintage airplane and car with 049 engines Iím having trouble finding fuel for them any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Dan
Old 06-12-2022, 12:36 PM
init4fun

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan OBannon View Post
I have some vintage airplane and car with 049 engines I’m having trouble finding fuel for them any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Dan
Hi Dan, Welcome to RCU

Your vintage .049 will appreciate fuel with castor oil VS synthetic , this Sig fuel should do nicely;

https://sigmfg.com/collections/fuel/...ith-castor-oil

PS, you will want to select the 15% nitro, 20% Castor blend ......
The following users liked this post:
Dan OBannon (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 01:22 PM
Dan OBannon

Thank you! I ordered the 15% nitro 20% castor blend itís very reasonably priced! will that fuel also be good for my 35 McCoy engine?
Old 06-12-2022, 01:41 PM
init4fun

Thank you! I ordered the 15% nitro 20% castor blend itís very reasonably priced! will that fuel also be good for my 35 McCoy engine?
Hi Dan, Sure, it'll be OK for it. The 15 / 20 fuel is a good choice for your McCoy as well as your smaller engines. It's what I ran back in the day when I was flying control line
Old 06-13-2022, 06:43 AM
Dan OBannon

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hi Dan, Sure, it'll be OK for it. The 15 / 20 fuel is a good choice for your McCoy as well as your smaller engines. It's what I ran back in the day when I was flying control line
Thank You for your assistance with this!
They are out of stock on that fuel for a month, is there another blend that would work?
thanks again for your help!
Old 06-13-2022, 04:45 PM
init4fun

Thank You for your assistance with this!
They are out of stock on that fuel for a month, is there another blend that would work?
thanks again for your help!
Hi Dan, I'm sorry to say that Sig was always my go to for fuel with Castor VS synthetic, and I know of no other pure Castor fuel. The company who makes "Cool Power" (Morgan Fuels) sells a Castor/Synthetic "blend", but for all of my old stuff (1980s and previous) I always prefer straight Castor. Model plane guys don't jokingly call Cool Power "Cruel Power" for nothing ....