Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Stuck at home and wish I was flying!

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Stuck at home and wish I was flying!

Old 11-28-2022, 03:08 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Where can I get some of there CR kits in the USA?

Originally Posted by Joseph Frost View Post
Little breezy for this one, nevertheless I had a go.

Maiden Monday.

Bit of a battle in the breeze with this one.
Hi Joseph;
Luv your photos of the various CR models, Blue and Purple Swallows, etc. I WANT ONE!! I see that you are located in Australia; are the only available there, or, are they your own design. They look absolutely amazing.

Of late, I have acquired a similar lite-weight Fokker DR-1 Triplane, manufactured/sold by Twisted Hobbies located in Florida, USA. I've tried locating CR products on da 'net without success, so am herein requesting assistance from you. I would like to purchase 1 or more of these CR crafts; possibly other flyers here in the US would also, so any assistance you can provide would be sincerely appreciated. I have already placed a request for these CR crafts in my latest letter to the Little Fat Man hisself...Santa. What can I say?

Will close for now, hoping you can help little Joey, Happy Upcoming Holidays, best regards from Wickenburg, Arizona, USA,

Little Joey Nagy. email: [email protected]
Old 11-28-2022, 03:39 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Sorry, can't help you much, you are on other side of the planet. I scratch build build these, bit of the novelty for me with these indoor/outdoor micro lights, but having lot of fun with them. Easy to build, just takes some time, 100 hours on ave. There are plenty of tips in my build Threads in E-Forums bellow.

Got up early today.

Started early this morn, nice calm at the beach at low tide, 7 flights even before brekky. One more with the Cyclone helicopter for an appetite. LOL.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:25 PM
Henpecked

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm stuck inside again Joseph...

Old 12-04-2022, 12:57 AM
Joseph Frost

Stuck flying my Ultimate 46 Giant before dark.

Rather than being stuck indoors.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:18 PM
Joseph Frost

I was stuck at the flying field well before 6AM flying to make most of dead calm.

In predatorial mode.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:43 AM
Henpecked

Cleaning out the front room computer now. Hope you like this older footage Joseph!

Old 12-05-2022, 05:23 PM
Henpecked

Had to go outside for this! Maiden Flight of the Little Nugget!

Old 12-05-2022, 11:52 PM
Joseph Frost

Sorry Bod, I got no time to watch flying videos especially some ARF W/Bird monotony. I got more than I can chew with my own fleet, LOL.
Stuck again at my bush field enjoying freshly trimmed mini strip.

Testing my new bungee set up for heavy EDF jets at 4kg.

Hawk in action.

Giant foamy in the bush.

Off she goes.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:49 AM
Henpecked

Of all the threads for you to hop into; why are you in this thread with ARF/Warbird monotony with your flying cage planes then? You have building and artistic talent. You come from rcgroups after your debacle of getting thrown off there and could have started your own thread here showcasing your jets or your flying cages... Sharing your build techniques but you chose this one.... Strange choice Joseph. Would you like to see some more stick built non Barfs? Sorry brother they will be Warbirds. There were plenty on the first page? That's what this thread had until you started posting your cage planes..... I'm not into those anymore than you like ARF warbirds. Strange choice you made and the same behavior at rcgroups. Wonder if you'll get thrown off here too? I could see why. You're not very welcoming and seem to have a non welcoming mouth. I won't turn my back on ya with your crazy looking flying bundles of sticks. The jets would be more interesting at least though in a thread that has mostly WW II Fighter planes. Let me know, I'll post up some more stick built stuff! Tally Whacker hoe mate!

Last edited by Henpecked; 12-06-2022 at 10:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bisco (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 09:03 AM
Henpecked

Oh no! Too late... more stick built Warbirds! This time VINTAGE!

Old 12-06-2022, 09:06 AM
Henpecked

Might as well fold up a piece of paper and put an electric motor on it than take all that time ending up with a flying cage looking thing....
You need one of these! from the "Way Back Vintage Machine" Oh my gosh though... it's built with sticks....

Last edited by Henpecked; 12-06-2022 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:13 AM
Henpecked

Oh Flick, more sticks....Hand cut from my scrap box... Are these sticks okay?

Last edited by Henpecked; 12-06-2022 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:58 AM
bisco

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ah, I thought so , thanks!
Henpecked (12-07-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 10:23 AM
Henpecked

Really confused, he has so much talent and artistic vision to share that some of us just weren't gifted with. Why this thread? Think we need another CRASH BASH fest Bisco to get back to the root of this.... #5 coming soon!
bisco (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 02:47 PM
Joseph Frost

Stuck at the field early morn in heavenly calm.

Heavenly morn.
Old 12-06-2022, 03:13 PM
Joseph Frost

Stuck in the Studio repairing the "Silver Predator" skeleton after its first major crash! I thought I sorted out the motor cutting out after 2 stoppages yesty but it happened again only after 2 min. flying at the worst scenario in KE aspect 2 feet off the grass, resulting with major crack in the fuse! Bugger, it looked bad!

After bit of fiddle easy fix by adding on extra CF braces. ESC is the issue, might have to reprogram cut off voltage.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:36 PM
Joseph Frost

Originally Posted by Henpecked View Post
Of all the threads for you to hop into; why are you in this thread with ARF/Warbird monotony with your flying cage planes then? You have building and artistic talent. You come from rcgroups after your debacle of getting thrown off there and could have started your own thread here showcasing your jets or your flying cages... Sharing your build techniques but you chose this one.... Strange choice Joseph. Would you like to see some more stick built non Barfs? Sorry brother they will be Warbirds. There were plenty on the first page? That's what this thread had until you started posting your cage planes..... I'm not into those anymore than you like ARF warbirds. Strange choice you made and the same behavior at rcgroups. Wonder if you'll get thrown off here too? I could see why. You're not very welcoming and seem to have a non welcoming mouth. I won't turn my back on ya with your crazy looking flying bundles of sticks. The jets would be more interesting at least though in a thread that has mostly WW II Fighter planes. Let me know, I'll post up some more stick built stuff! Tally Whacker hoe mate!
After reading your first post in this Thread I know who I'm dealing with, that's why I would never bother to get into an argument. BTW, Thanks for being such a thourogh follower of my Threads and posts incl, during my fun times on RCG. BTW, I have decided to stop posting not them, tho, I still post here and there to inspire some modelers with some of my unique creations to keep it going.
I know few clubs with WB nut cases also been a member of few over the years, but it was always them the "War Birds" narrow minders who created all the club problems, just like my last Club that fell appart few years ago due to the WB separatist trying to create club in the club and all the nastiness.
I also currently fly at least 30 of them (War Birds) but slightly of different caliber.

BTW, this is my last post here in your Thread, had enough of your personal attacks!

I fly WB of different kind.

WB of different kind.

Lot more fun being stuck flying than stuck at home loading crap.

Old 12-07-2022, 06:28 AM
bisco

Lol
Henpecked (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 08:57 AM
Henpecked

Big money BARF jets and a big money BARF helicopter after all that mouth. I don't have that kind of money personally. My RC hobbying is an attempt at cheap as possible with the biggest bang for the money.

"Everything seem to be going down the gurgle, economy, not to mention the human race with their current presentation, fat as pigs, tattooed and studded all over." if I may quote him, pretty cool character!

Just to be clear, I don't know this guy, only know of this guy from watching him get tossed after crapping up a thread at rcgroups. "What did you do RC today" thread there. So it appears he doesn't like other peoples Warbirds and especially ARFs, unless they are his own.... got thrown out of the club..... and came into this thread to crap it up because of something in my first post and it has warbirds? Only on the Internet! Well, this was a fun thread and I believe some people were getting some laughs and it probably has to be amusing watching me fly half blind with Vertigo/dizzy spells..... Hmmm.... what to do what to do....? Had no idea this would ruffle anyone's feathers. I feel bad that sharing my hobbying has upset someone, no matter what they might be going through and obviously lashing out; feel like he needs a friend.
bisco (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 09:09 AM
bisco

Same here. Been flying the umx turbo timber for years, and a bunch of scratch built flite test planes
Henpecked (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 09:21 AM
Henpecked

By the way bisco, I just discovered the like button here after being a member since 2002.... Old and blind! Probably going to forget to use it..... So Crash and bash #5 it is then?
bisco (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 09:23 AM
Henpecked

My gosh I've been hard on the planes lately....
Old 12-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Henpecked

This is definitely Vintage; old Jemco P-39 Airacobra stick kit and one of my favorites. Had rebuilt it after loosing reception on my old FM radio gear and it lived in a bag for several years. Finally got it fixed back up and flew it a few times for the boys and we all really liked watching it zoom around. Until the accident....

Old 12-07-2022, 09:41 AM
Henpecked

So I was bored and lonely one day as the kids weren't around and met the owner of the farm I fly larger stuff at... he started mowing and I started crashing....

Thought I had the crash on video but I must have turned the camera off instead of on. Here's the new color scheme after rebuild. Can't get these anymore and it's fairly cheap to rebuild instead of replacing with another airframe. Had a heck of a time finding it in 3' soybeans. Thought I could review the video to find it and the only solace and comfort of having video of it going down wasn't there..... Would have been a great addition to Crash and Bash Fest #5....
Old 12-07-2022, 03:53 PM
Henpecked

Waiting on a new high speed needle assembly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.