Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ramping it up

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 07:36 AM
Ghost@amps1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Ramping it up

Hey y'all,
I'd like to build about a 40 degree plywood 6 foot long ramp with guard rails on each side so we can just drive the tanks down and back up it instead of carrying them down or up the deckstairs all the time. Problem is that the plywood is too slippery to go up the ramp at this angle, especially the two metal tracked tanks. For the extra traction necessary, I will have to put something down on the ramp surface like maybe flat paint mixed with small chunks of gravel or heavy grit sandpiper. The 40 degree angle is about the maximum grade climb for my four Henglong's so I would really need something effective for gripping onto.
Any ideas anyone that arent overly pricey or labour intensive to build something like this? Any help would be appreciated especially if you've done something like this before yourself or saw something that works well?
Old 07-23-2022, 01:40 AM
Ghost@amps1

Originally Posted by jarred lee
that sounds like a good project
It could be a pain in the arse project too but my back will thank me. It doesn't have to look very good, just work properly. I have maybe two options here for the traction: 1) put down 40 or 60 grit sandpaper or 2) put down artificial turf. That's about all I can come up with right now but I think either one would suffice
Old 07-24-2022, 07:58 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

You might try several rolls of the black non slip rubber that you can get at places like Lowe's or Home Depot or even Amazon. That would provide lots of traction.

Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
Ghost@amps1 (07-24-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 10:52 AM
Ghost@amps1

Originally Posted by Steve Collins
You might try several rolls of the black non slip rubber that you can get at places like Lowe's or Home Depot or even Amazon. That would provide lots of traction.

https://www.amazon.com/Professional-...a-884535709148
That's a really good idea. I think I will try it. The ribbed tool drawer rubber seems to offer the best track gripping qualities, however, it is quite expensive, about 5 or 6 times more than the regular stuff. I'll keep checking for better prices