Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

glue advice for a noob!

Old 09-21-2022, 11:01 AM
neelz2wheelz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question glue advice for a noob!

Hi guys,

I'm just getting back into the hobby after around 25yrs absence (family, work etc), and wondered if anyone could help me, please?

when i used to fly it was all wood and glow engines..... I've just purchased myself a new trainer - a Dynam Sky Trainer 182 which is made of foam... EPO I think?

What would be the best adhesive out of the two I have to glue the main wing sections together? I have some Hilka 30 minutes epoxy, and some Beacon Foam tac. Drying time doesn't matter as I would be leaving it over night anyway.

Many thanks in advance for your help
Old 09-21-2022, 03:23 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi neelz...;
For joining foam cored wing panels, 30 minit epoxy is what i would use, along with a plywood dihedral brace joiner. My favourite epoxy for this purpose was the long gone now Hobby Poxy 45 minit glue, [I still have a small amount left, and treasure its use].

I have started a new build, and a new type foam model kit, namely, a Twisted Hobbies Fokker DR-1 Tripe, and TH recommend a new glue, [to me anyway], called WELDERS GLUE; I purchased several tubes re Amazon, checked use reviews on the 'Net, and everyone seems to luv'da'stuff, deems OK so far; maybe check it out for yourself. & welcome back to our great'ole'hobby, best regards from Wickenburg, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:45 PM
tedsander

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

The manual says that glue is included. No clue what kind they supply. Can't go wrong using Epoxy.
Foam Tac is great for general use, but for a center section not as "solid" as Epoxy.
Old 09-21-2022, 04:32 PM
init4fun

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Hmm, , glue advice for a noob..........

Well first off, whatever ya do, , , DON'T let the blonde kid in your avatar sniff it, lest you unleash the great cornholio

Old 09-22-2022, 12:35 PM
neelz2wheelz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol init4fun

thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'll go with my epoxy then - as that is what i have on hand... and a lot of it!
The following users liked this post:
init4fun (09-22-2022)