Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Graves rc did I get conned? >

Graves rc did I get conned?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Graves rc did I get conned?

Old 09-30-2022, 03:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Graves rc did I get conned?

Placed my first order with graves rc this morning this evening I went online to check my order status and I see This -- suspected fraud --
I'm not trying to steal from them I simply want to make a purchase
So why accuse me of being a criminal for no cause other than I tried to buy from them ? SO now I'm wondering---- I have seen many good reviews here for graves so am I safe having given out my cc info to them and no order fulfillment---- just the above comment

Will my bank now place a hold on my card since a vendor is now accusing me of fraud?
I don't care if they are legit and I do get my stuff I don't think I will be ordering from them again, kinda leaves a bad taste to be treated so rudely for being a customer
Its a shame really because if the website is to be believed they have a lot of really hard to find stuff there
Old 09-30-2022, 03:56 PM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by cafguy
Placed my first order with graves rc this morning this evening I went online to check my order status and I see This -- suspected fraud --
I'm not trying to steal from them I simply want to make a purchase
So why accuse me of being a criminal for no cause other than I tried to buy from them ? SO now I'm wondering---- I have seen many good reviews here for graves so am I safe having given out my cc info to them and no order fulfillment---- just the above comment

Will my bank now place a hold on my card since a vendor is now accusing me of fraud?
I don't care if they are legit and I do get my stuff I don't think I will be ordering from them again, kinda leaves a bad taste to be treated so rudely for being a customer
Its a shame really because if the website is to be believed they have a lot of really hard to find stuff there

The only time I've ever heard of such a thing, is when the address on the credit card is not the same as the address listed to ship the purchase to. Is your credit card and shipping address the same? If so I think I'd call them after 9am tomorrow (Saturday) morning to find out why the purchase was flagged....

Graves RC (407) 294-5699
The following users liked this post:
cafguy (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 04:04 PM

Thank you sir Im checking the address thing right now , if not I will be calling
I just wish if there was a problem with something in my order they would e mail or call me to verify info --- not just-- HEY FRAUDSTER there's a problem with your order!!
oh well customer service is a dying art
The following users liked this post:
init4fun (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 04:21 PM

Hi cafguy,

I absolutely agree with you, bad customer service manners are a definite put off. But, in this case, I doubt an actual person flagged your attempted purchase as a scam. I'd bet the computer software they use to process their online orders is actually the bad mannered element in the transaction. Something spooked the software, and it responded with the canned response of "suspected fraud" .

To put your mind at ease give em a ring tomorrow morning and see what a live person has to say
Old 09-30-2022, 04:33 PM

Im sure your right about the computer intervention thing and maybe I am just impatient about processing My Main worry really is the fraud thing My bank takes at least ten days to do the fraud thing even if its not your fault its hell to get access to your account for at least two weeks !! ( well's fargo don't just have a stagecoach on the logo I think they use them for everyday biz I hope I do contact them I would order again if its just a simple computer hiccup
also maybe they are way bigger than I thought, I knew they where big I just don't know their customer numbers
Old 09-30-2022, 04:42 PM

Hopefully it didn't trigger anything with your card, and just rejected the order due to whatever glitch it experienced. I'll bet the people who answer the phone are far more helpful than the computer is
Old 10-01-2022, 01:04 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 359 Likes on 289 Posts

Also note that although well inland, they were in the direct path of hurricane Ian so you may or may not be able to get hold of them this weekend. Orlando had some pretty serious damage.

They are more than above board so I'm certain they will get it straight.

Old 10-01-2022, 04:57 AM

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

There are many legitimate reasons for the bill-to and ship-to address being different. Unless the bank rejects the charge, for a vendor to flag as suspected fraud is ludicrous. That is something the bank should do, not the vendor.

BTW, Chase is even worse. Use a Chase debit/credit card as a Visa credit card at Walmart twice in the same day and Chase flags it. I called them once on it and their response (by a person) was that there is too much fraud at Walmart.

Last edited by rgburrill; 10-01-2022 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:17 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

What's the big deal? With all the scams going on today I don't blame the credit card companies or vendors for being overly cautious. After all if their system flags stuff it might be a minor inconvenience quickly solved by an in person call. Better than accepting the credit card at face value it could be someone trying to use your stolen credit card.

I have dealt with Graves Hobbies for years both in person and via mail order. Never had a problem. It used to be the price was the same as listed in the Tower catalogue. In person shopping pick up any one of a number of tower catalogues lying around the place, find the item and that's what I paid. Mail order, I'm from Canada my mailing address is a company in Detroit. My shipping address is not the same as my billing address and this always seems to get flagged. I call in person to place my order and even then sometimes the vendor will refuse to send it anywhere else than the billing address. Sometimes I can get around this sending it as a gift.

Just call them and get it sorted out, simple. They made no accusation you were attempting to committing fraud. There is something with the order that goes against policy, and they are protecting you as much as they are themselves. Be thankful they are showing due diligence on everyone's behalf.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:56 AM

Just call them you say
ok
I called today only to be placed on hold for three hours and then disconnected before being connected to a representative Do they have so many order complaints or queries that they make you wait 3 hours Red flag no. 1
Due diligence does not give graves the excuse to scream fraud. Do you know how much of a headache it is for you if someone ( even for no reason ) reports fraud on your cc.
Why not just contact me using the info that you MADE me provide at checkout and tell me there is a problem that needs corrected before we complete your order How hard is that red flag no. 2
Yes they have just gone thru some very nasty weather and I'm sure that might give them a little leeway but some simple research tells me that every business in Orlando is open today- even disneyworld. so weather should be no excuse for putting me on hold for three hours only to be hung up on. red flag no. 3

lastly sending me an order status report with suspected fraud spelled out in 2 inch letters at the top is the very definition of an accusation so there's that

Its really only their loss I will find a place that will treat me with some sort interest when I want to spend my money with them and I'm sure gravesrc will continue fishing for card numbers and providing a facade of customer service until they lose their last customer and have to shut the doors. - no skin off my back -

Enough complaining I have to restart my hunt for the elusive hanger 9 sealing iron after a month of hunting and calling the only place on the web was graves and they want 50 bucks I might just have to get off my lazy butt and make the 90 min drive to L.A. and get it at Smith Bros for 27
wish me luck and please don't take my complaint to seriously I'm not angry just dumbfounded at the way they handle customers really as long as they don't put a hold on my card I will fly on
Old 10-01-2022, 11:23 AM

Maybe you missed my earlier post but they were just directly hit by hurricane Ian and the Orlando area was hit with significant flooding and damage. I'll be shocked if they are even open.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:25 AM

Knock it off