Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

The best of the best

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 02:40 PM
model14

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The best of the best

Do you consider E-Flite to be the top-of-the-line company for RTF aircraft?
Old 12-08-2022, 04:28 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

There is no such a thing, "best of the best". It is up to an individual builder/pilot to finish the model to the best standard. I have built and fly large number of Eflite models and use their available equipment, I rate them at pretty good standard, especialy the motors I find most reliable over the years.

Pretty happy with this Eflite product despite being built heavy as a brick, my wing tip inno made all the difference. LOL.

More than happy with this Eflite one converted to sling shooter.

Eflite motors are some of my favored, like this 360 in 1/4 scale giant Extra.

Eflite360 on 12S powered Extra with 16.5kilo of pull on 26x10, pretty good for 9kg model.
Old 12-10-2022, 05:29 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I do not. They are notorious for not stocking spare parts and for suddenly discontinuing planes.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:54 AM
Henpecked

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Most expensive.....
Old 12-14-2022, 10:47 PM
Cassy0110

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The answer to the question is no.
Old 12-25-2022, 11:49 AM
Henpecked

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by model14
Do you consider E-Flite to be the top-of-the-line company for RTF aircraft?
I consider them to be the most expensive and appears they try to retire on each and every sale (Horizon Corp)..... The Retirement phrasing is my attempt at humor instead of lamenting to much about it. I choose to laugh at it instead of the alternative..... What a waste of a "could have been Fair for the customer and a money making potential" that Tower has become.... Especially now that the trickle of modeling products out of China has been disrupted. Just look at the prices.... Just look at Tower's stock.
Sure looks like some kind of "Power Struggle" took place with Horizon and FMS the last few months. Bet the facts of that would have been interesting for us average modelers.
At one point recently FMS and Fair RC had lower pricing than Horizon and Horizon was showing Backorder on a lot of FMS stuff. Now pricing is higher than ever EVERYWHERE! Meanwhile "FREE" flying has a new pucker factor from the FAA/AMA and I'm not sure what is going on with Canadian flyers but it doesn't sound "FREE" to me. Merry Christmas!