Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Aparrently got scammed be aware >

Aparrently got scammed be aware

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Aparrently got scammed be aware

Old 12-13-2022, 08:39 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Aparrently got scammed be aware

Hello all just putting this out there cause i believe i got scammed on a deal. I try to believe that something has happened and that is why i have not received what i ordered but has been a couple weeks and no word from no one. I put feelers out on the forum about needing a sig 300 extra cowl and received a response from a member (kenpaul) that a person that he has delt with had said item in the past and i should check it out. The guys name is mike rodgers his email is [email protected]. The response was that he had the cowl and the whole kit and sent pics of it which is discontinued kit. So we talked back and forth and came to understanding on price and sent a deposit for the product with the remainder due when i received it. Once i summitted the deposit he sent me an email said he received it and would provide tracking promptly and never heard from him again since. I tried to contact him and the gentleman that referred him to me with no response from either. I still keep thinking maybe something bad has happened and they cant contact me but i have to be realistic and just except the fact i was scammed and hope with this no one else gets taken. I guess i am a gulliable person and thats my fault. If anyone has information for me please send me a message and / or email me at [email protected]
Old 12-13-2022, 10:29 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

How did you pay the deposit, hopefully not a wire transfer or Paypal "Friends & Family" ?

If you used a credit or debit card, file a chargeback with them and also have them cancel your card & issue you a new one.......
Old 12-13-2022, 10:37 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by init4fun
How did you pay the deposit, hopefully not a wire transfer or Paypal "Friends & Family" ?

If you used a credit or debit card, file a chargeback with them and also have them cancel your card & issue you a new one.......
Thank you for the reply. i was going to pay with my PayPal account but it was having issues, so I used my Cash app. which i knew better but it was something I really needed. the weird thing is that he even showed me pics of the kit that i needed opened up. that kit had been discontinued for years so you know but my bad. My hope is that with the names I gave that no one else would fall for the scam like I did. And the one that referred me is a Rc universe member. I was trying to fix this kit for my Grandson for Christmas but now don't have the money to even get him nothing else for Christmas as I am on a fixed income and don't have it any more extra just barely enough to eat on. But again, thank you and hope this helps someone. God Bless You
Old 12-13-2022, 10:51 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 359 Likes on 289 Posts

The one that referred you is booted, in case you haven't figured out, he's the one that took your money. Sorry this happened

How much was involved if you don't mind my asking?
Old 12-13-2022, 10:53 AM

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Gypsies and Thieves Puts a stain on our Hobby. Get em rd!
Old 12-13-2022, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
The one that referred you is booted, in case you haven't figured out, he's the one that took your money. Sorry this happened

How much was involved if you don't mind my asking?
Do you mean booted and he took me for $130
Old 12-13-2022, 11:53 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rdchestney
Do you mean booted and he took me for $130
Booted means that Andy has banned the scammer/scumbag from the forum, , , and, I'll bet ya these people can set you up with a cowl.......

Fiberglass Specialties

PS, I have no affiliation with Fiberglass Specialties except for being a satisfied customer. They recently (this past summer) made me a cowl for an 85" wingspan cub

Last edited by init4fun; 12-13-2022 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-13-2022, 02:14 PM

Thank you all for the Insite and I will check out the place and see if they have a cowl
Old 12-14-2022, 03:57 AM

How did you pay the deposit, preferably not by wire transfer or PayPal? If you paid with a credit card, you have the option of receiving a refund.
Old 12-14-2022, 06:34 AM

I paid with cash app
Old 12-14-2022, 09:03 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Whenever someone responds to a wanted add with "I have a friend who has what you need. Here's his email," it's always going to be a scam. Sorry they got you with it.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The web is a perfect place to steal money. No real place in existence.

People send money to a no existent place or person
Old 12-15-2022, 02:20 PM

Yes it is and happened to me
Old 12-18-2022, 04:36 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

It's a scam that's been going around on all sorts of media/message board sites with classified sections. They target those with a "want", and respond to the post/ad with "I have one".. or they know someone that does, etc... and then they lure the potential "wantee" in, usually by stealing pics from other users/areas, and telling all sorts of lies and once they get some sort of payment that can't be reversed or is untraceable, they vanish. Their whole goal is to get some payment, via cash app usually but they have other ploys as well.

It's just best to do your due diligence when buying anything from any private party. Here and other sites we have "trader rating" features, some have review things, etc.. If you're not sure something just don't buy it. There's actually ways to easily find the source of most pics that you get, and those can be a good indicator if something is awry.
Sorry you got scammed. It's unfortunate too, as these types of sites have alot of good people to deal with, but there are bad eggs as well

Last edited by DGrant; 12-18-2022 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:18 PM

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

In my book, scammers rate right down there with drug dealers and child molesters. Git a rope!
The following users liked this post:
cyclops2 (12-19-2022)
Old 12-19-2022, 06:49 PM

Jerks!