Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

G'day all

Old 02-06-2023, 05:04 PM
Tazzytrak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default G'day all

G'day all... From Tasmania , Australia .. Just popping in for an intro . Forum looks like tons of fun and very helpful and informative . I'm new to this amazing hobby but not new to a similar fantastic hobby that has the same feel about it . Model rail .. I am a keen HO (1:87) railway fan focusing on modern era ATSF/BNSF transition era and have probably got $20,000 worth of gear in the past decade .A good friend is right into R/C aircraft and is very good at building and flying his stuff .It's awesome.. Too terrified of crashing so I've decided to try R/C trucks and and excavators .. Enjoying it but really bare bones with basic HUINA stuff just to test the waters let's say .
Been taking in lots of incredible and detailed equipment and it really looks addictive . A bit like model rail I guess .
I Hope the crew on RCU will indulge me with assistance on how to modify my original Huina 1592 excavator and even my Huina 1573 truck...also have a similar WL one ..It's a mind blowingly diverse hobby and the stuff out there really does blow my mind ,,, Thanks so much and I'll apologise ahead of time before the first dumb question I'll ask ...Cheers Rod....

The following users liked this post:
tonyob (02-13-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 04:06 PM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazzytrak
G'day all... From Tasmania , Australia .. Model rail .. I am a keen HO (1:87) railway fan focusing on modern era ATSF/BNSF transition era and have probably got $20,000 worth of gear in the past decade .
Greetings, brother railroader!
You have a "neighbor" modeling present day BNSF:
https://www.youtube.com/@FishplateFilms
Old 02-08-2023, 12:26 PM
Tazzytrak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G'day back ...Thanks for the reply ...I have a really good friend in Baltimore MD who does O Guage mostly Lionel Vision Line but O Guage isn't that big here in Australia so I stick with HO .. Most of my stuff is DCC but I occasionally run some cool old analog stuff I have kept ..Using a NCE Power Cab system..FUN... R/C is beginning to happen just because I'll regret it if I don't .. A local friend is into flying and has probably 15 aircraft he flies often . He's involved with a very local R/C flyers Club with about 20 members . They fly most Saturdays ..I'll stick on the ground at this stage and try to get into excavators /trucks etc to begin with while still mucking around with my rail stuff . What do you do mostly Love to know ..Thanks again for the message
back.. Cheers Rod.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:38 AM
tonyob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been flying fixed wing planes and drones for well over a decade, lots of fun, bought a traxas 4x4 rustler about a year ago and enjoy bush bashing with it. It's certainly a lot more durable than the fixed wing planes. Got a friend who's in the East Coast flyers club in Tasmania, I enjoy following them on fb. I fly now at the Lower Tweed club in NSW.