Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby King Problems With Ordering

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King Problems With Ordering

Old 08-19-2023, 04:48 PM
Flysfloats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hobby King Problems With Ordering

I have used Hobby King for a source of electric motors, batteries, connectors, etc for quite awhile. In the past I could pretty easily scroll through whatever category of items I was interested in but for sometime now I am having a horrible time negotiating their website! I am wanting another motor, like one that I have and it is a Turnigy G-60 motor. I have tried to search that specific motor, tried to search "power system" and, not able to find that motor, but can't find other motors to choose from. This is just one example of problems I am having. Trying to "filter" my search is another joke.

So my question is, do others have this problem or is it just me? I have used Aloft and Motion for some stuff and may have to return. Price is an important consideration for me so take that in consideration with your recommendations, please. I appreciate your input. FF
Old 08-22-2023, 06:39 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have issues with their website too. The search is bad enough, the filter, yeah it filters out anything I want.

I have many motors from Value Hobby.

https://valuehobby.com/g60-c5065-520kv.html

https://valuehobby.com/5065-400kv-motor.html

Buzz.
Old 08-22-2023, 06:43 PM
Flysfloats

Thank you for the reply. I will give Value Hobby a good visit. FF
Old 08-25-2023, 08:47 AM
Flysfloats

Here is the latest misery from Hobby King. Last Sunday I placed an order for one brushless motor and a 6 S battery, both were In Stock. As of this morning, Friday, the status of the order remains "Processing"!!!!! I have managed to have 2 "Live Chat" with a representative in the Philippines where he is telling me that the US warehouse, located in Beaverton, OR, is experiencing hotter than normal temperatures!!!! What this has to do with crawling speed in getting an order out is beyond me.

SO, I remain in limbo awaiting a delivery. I have looked at several other online r/c outlets and am surprised at how many items are "out of stock". Anybody know why this is happening? Still hoping to find an alternative to Hobby King as I am done with them IF this is the new normal. You would think that HK would hire somebody from Amazon with experience in shipping products!! Yeah right, but a good thought.
Old 08-25-2023, 06:46 PM
Flysfloats

The saga continues, sigh. Today I continued my "live chat" with the HK rep in the Philippines and after numerous chats he informs me that the reason for the delay is that one of the items I had ordered was OUT OF STOCK! Why HK never informed me of this is a mystery. An additional fact is that the battery I ordered was still showing IN STOCK on the website!! SO, I asked(and prayed) the HK rep to cancel my original order and then I went about reordering the brushless motor AND a different battery, all while hoping that their status of In Stock US Warehouse was accurate. I will continue to search for an alternative source for my equipment.
Old 08-26-2023, 05:45 AM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't know if you knew this, but Hobby King is actually run by Homer Simpson.

Old 09-02-2023, 09:59 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They used to be bad. Showing as in stock when the stock was 100 on back order. It was difficult to find other places with the prices they had. I mean I ordered (4) 3s 2650 lipos from them. The four cost as much as one ordered from with in the USA. This is back in the day. Now, there many good places to deal with. Value hobby, RCJuice, heck, even aliexpress. I just don't see any reason to deal with HK now?

batteries and motors try

https://www.rcjuice.com/

60ish motor
https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/br...tor-435kv.html

Buzz

Old 09-03-2023, 05:36 AM
billlvrcs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My go-to suppliers are Motion, A-Main, Value and for motors Innov8tive Designs. They answer the phones, speak coherent English and are quick to ship.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:47 AM
scottrc

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

They sound like the majority of the websites today. Search engines are practically useless.
I remember HK used to be horrible, especially when placing the order and CC information, but has improved over the past couple of years.