Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Relocating

Old 04-27-2004, 10:21 PM
avngr1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating

It looks like my house will close escrow next month and we will be moving to North Carolina. I cant say where exactly but it seems like the Lumberton- Laurinberg area is a probable area to buy another house.
Do you guys know of the flying sites/clubs in the area. Are there any hobby shops in the area? Am I doomed to mail order. I have to admit that I was spoiled in that regard, Years ago I used to live around the corner from a great little LHS.

I dont want to join a club like the one described in " my club is out of hand", some constructive pointers would be welcome.
Thanks
Old 04-28-2004, 09:25 PM
PepsiMike

Default RE: Relocating

Send a PM to jongurely. He lives in Goldsboro and is on RCU alot - might have some info about that part of the state.

Too far east for me to know anything about although I do get to some fields that have pattern contests; Burlington, Winston-Salem, Myrtle Beach, Camden...........
Old 04-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

there are a few clubs in that area i believe.. im in camden/kershaw sc and a member of kershaw county flyers so if your ever in the area shoot me an email.. we love guests to our lil flying site
Old 04-28-2004, 10:41 PM
avngr1

Sounds good. Thanks guys!
Old 04-29-2004, 06:31 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Hey Avngr1
Sounds like your on your way to the Fayetteville area. I live about 30-40 min.( North ) from there and can tell you there is an awesome club/feild in that aera. There a few guys from my club that are allso member's there.

If I can be of any help just PM me.
Good luck on your move!
Old 04-29-2004, 07:24 AM
jboy381-RCU

check the AMA website...they have a list of all the chartered clubs in all 48 states...not to sure about the other 2 states...i've heard of two in the lumberton area,i haven't been to them but i want to...

john
Old 04-29-2004, 07:34 AM
avngr1

I was putting in for work in PA and NC with the federal Govt for a transfer.
To throw a wrench in the works ( seeing as we had become set on NC and were eyeing homes) I recieved a call for an interview in PA. It went well.
I should know by friday but we could end up in PA.
Economicaly the same for us, but no winter flying, and close to family ( but not too close) in NYC.
I guess we will go exactly where we aught to be.
I'm not giving up hope though.

My father in law wont move to PA for health reasons, thats a negative.... Or a positive.

No matter what we are leaving California.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:35 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Check the flying field Pics thread if it ends up being NC. Jongurly has posted so many that I think the whole state is one big flying field.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:52 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Check the flying field Pics thread if it ends up being NC. Jongurly has posted so many that I think the whole state is one big flying field.
It is!
Awesome Weather as well except for July and August! Then it"s time for wussy like my self to go inside and bulid!!
Old 04-29-2004, 11:04 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Lumberton has a SUPER FIELD and a great club-- their flyin was last weekend-- then 30 miles north is Fayetteville with another good field and club. If you like to ride continue another 60 miles from Fayetteville to Goldsboro and join the best club-- ECRC. You can share stories with JGourley, Andyt, myself and a few others. At any rate, maybe we can meet at some flyins.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:22 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Hey avngr1, I just started to read this thread(can't believe I overlooked it the last two days),,, If you will go under my FLYING FIELD PICS thread , I have got picks of Piedmont Aeromodelers/Fayetteville, Midway RC/Lumberton, and abunch of other clubs within 60 or so miles, I post a new club about every other day or so and I believe there is about 10 or so more to go(something like that). There are so many groups of individuals that fly in NC, I personally am a member at ECRC/Goldsboro(home of the TOC pilots of NC AJF-2, andyt, jongurley [] ok not really )about 1 hour from lumberton, I also fly at 2 other sites that are not "officially clubs". If you move to the Lumberton area the closest hobby shop is Hayes Hobbies in Fayetteville, it is about 20 minutes away.... Anyway if you have any questions, just ask, but check out the flying fields thread you will see all of these clubs.....
Old 04-29-2004, 08:01 PM
avngr1

This is all really helpfull guys.
Ive got my eye on a couple of fixer uppers in laurinberg right now that need a little TLC.
I told my boss ( not officially) tht its highly likely that I will be gone in a month, arrange for a replacment for me to train.
I hope there are no problems with escrow...
Old 04-29-2004, 09:15 PM
MarkV

I used to live in Goldsborow and Pikeville NC in the mid 90's. Loved it there. I want to retire there someday. But that is a long ways away and I don't want to think about that.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:06 AM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Hey avngr1 keep us posted on what happens with your move.,,,, maybe you can come to NC we would enjoy some TOC caliber of flying