Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

WWI Lozenge Camo

Old 07-01-2003, 11:17 AM
turnwaldw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WWI Lozenge Camo

Hello I,m building a Fokker Eindecker and would like to be kinda different. I want to cover it in a Lozenge camo does anybody know where I could get this kinda of covering. I seen one done like this in England once and thought it was kinda neet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2003, 11:46 AM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Default WWI Lozenge Camo

The WWI lozenge camo covering is interesting to say the least. If you want to go strictly scale you will need an aircraft of later vintage than the Eindeker. Try searching the Tower Hobbies site under products listed by manufacturer. It's a long list but you'll probably find it there.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:50 PM
2 Piece-RCA

Default WWI Lozenge Camo

Torrence models sells the 4 color scheme in 1/4 scale and should have the 5 color by now or very soon. I think Arizona models also sells some lozenge printed fabric. I did my Albatros D.VA the hard way- each individually painted. Torrence's colors at the time, didn't match my documentation very well. Weather you go with the 4 or 5 color scheme you must remember that the colors on the bottom of the wings is different from the colors on top of the wings. I'll try to attach a photo.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
albatrowing.JPG (60.7 KB, 101 views)
Old 07-12-2003, 12:38 PM
Flyboy Dickie

Default WWI Lozenge Camo

I saw the Glen Torrance Models lozenge camo on Tom Kozeski's Fokker D.VII at Rhinebeck. Beautiful finish, but it is 1/4 scale and made from 100% linen. You have to attach it the old fashion way. I believe the web site is gtmmodels.com, They have good info on it at the site.