Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How to get ladies into the club!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How to get ladies into the club!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 09:17 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to get ladies into the club!!!

Wow, how many times I have seen this subject brought up and dropped because of the eventual realization that there is no "proactive" method of making it happen. Ladies will join when they want to join and no campaign to attract ladies into the hobby has ever been known to work.

Well, I give credit to Paul Harvey for giving me this idea. On the way to work this morning, Paul Harvey was talking about a suit against a mens club by a feminist group for the charter to not allow women to join the club. This gave me a wonderful idea.

Here is how it works. Write into your club's charter an amendment or bylaw that states women shall not be allowed membership under any circumstances. As thousands of ladies threaten your club with a law suit, simply say that you shall "make an exeption in your case" each and every time and grant them full payed membership.

If the law of nature follows suite, your membership should eventually be several hundred women to every man. As the membership was based mostly on aggravated principal, it's doubtful that many of the new members would fly, however, their annual memberships totaled would allow for some serious club land improvements, mower maintenance, and more.

Mark
Old 07-11-2002, 09:48 AM
Flying Scotsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not so good an idea

If we did what you propose then our clubs would become full of Back Seat Flyers; "you mustn't do it like that", "watch out for other nasty plane", "why didn't you use you rudder on that last bank", "did you mean to crash", "your father would never have done it like that". Uuuuurrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh :drowning:

Now if I still lived in Brazil, I could find myself putting up with something like this