Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Count and Identify

Old 07-27-2004, 07:26 AM
jchumley
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Count and Identify

I don't usually pack the van so full. I had a specific purpose this time.

1. The Profile combat Spad VII had the lower wing and all cabanes and struts replaced
2. The Caproni bomber had the teh cabane struts rebuilt and rigging wires added to the nose and re-rigging of the pull pull tail controls.
3. The Nieuport 29 profile combat plane is new and needed a maiden flight. (went well except for a stripped elevator servo on the second flight. It didn't cause any damage.)
4. The 2 albatros profile combat planes I bought from someone else and they needed test flights.
5. THe fourstar 60 (that nobody guessed) is my everyday sport plane. I always bring it to start the day with.

I also wanted to try to setup all the combat planes to fly as similarly as possible.

I admit that I put the Phaeton bipe (also no guesses) in just to see if I could squeeze in another plane. I had no plans to fly it.

I only flew the Spad, Nieuport, Fourstar and Caproni because It took awhile to get the Caproni properly setup. I really had time for one or two more flights but after flying the Caproni successfully on its third flight ever, I had had such a good day that I felt like another flight would be flaunting it in front of the flying gods. Never a good idea!

I usually take two or three planes to the field at a time.

Jeff
Old 07-27-2004, 07:29 AM
jchumley

AQ500:

Beautiful field. What a view! No trees or other obstacles. Where is it? Looks like Utah? Arizona maybe?
Old 07-27-2004, 08:06 AM
AQ500

That is the Elko, NV field. They have the best flying site I have ever seen. It sits on the foothills above the city with a spectacular view of the city. There are no obstacles off of the runway. They have an airconditioned building with electricity and a 12V power supply at the tables.

If I had a chance I would probably move out there. The club is also one of the best clubs I have visited. They know how to have fun.

Most of the time I only take a couple of planes out to the flying field at a time. This fly-in is a multiple day event and is just an awesome sight to fly at. It only takes 30 minutes or so to set up the planes and they let us keep the planes in the "clubhouse" assembled overnight. So, why not bring a few planes and have some fun. I did leave 5 aircraft at home. As far as flying goes, I got in a whole month of flying in a couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54172.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	157808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82947.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	157809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81220.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	157810  
Old 07-27-2004, 08:26 AM
JIMESTES
My Feedback: (8)

Hey AQ500 are you packing and ready to come up the hill this weekend?

Don't forget the VHS streamers.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:54 AM
C Earnest

In reply to aq500:

Andrew,

One thing I noticed in your "STACKED AND PACKED" (apologies to G. Gordon Liddy) photo: Don't you think you should maybe keep your fire extinguisher in the front area of your vehicle in case you have an "inflight" fire in your aft section? On second thought, for that load of highly flammable kindling perhaps you should install a halon extinguishing system :-)

CE
Old 07-27-2004, 09:03 AM
C Earnest

Jim,

What's ol' Marty S. up to these days? I haven't seen him for a while, so tell him hello for me. I keep meaning to get back up that way to see you guys and do a bit of flying with you guys, but Andrew makes me feel totally inadequate when he unpacks his "Air Force" :-).

Take care,

C. Earnest
Old 07-27-2004, 11:49 PM
AQ500

Hey Jim,

I'll definitely be up there this weekend. I'm packing my oxygen bottles right now. I just sent my 8103 back to Horizon which shuts down a good portion of my fleet. The Corsair, Lancair, Sukhoi, Sonic Twin, and Me-109 are all on that transmitter. My P-51 is a good VHS tug and he is flyable. I'll also bring the Avicamstar. I just hope he can get off of the runway in that thin air with the camera on him.

Chuck,

The fuel bottles say inflammable not flammable, so would there be a need for an extinguishing system?
Old 07-28-2004, 07:26 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

From http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/flammable.html

The prefix “in-” does not indicate negation here; it comes from the word "inflame.” “Flammable” and “inflammable” both mean “easy to catch on fire”; but so many people misunderstand the latter term that it’s better to stick with “flammable” in safety warnings.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:29 AM
ZAGNUT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

flaming or inflaming is against forum rules. keep it up and you'll be joining FLubber
Old 07-28-2004, 12:17 PM
JIMESTES
My Feedback: (8)

C Earnest

Marty moved to Gillete Wyoming and I have not seen him.

Are you going to come to our Three day Fun Fly this Weekend.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:06 PM
AQ500

Watch out when trying to make a joke, some people take it too seriously.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:11 PM
MR Flyer57

Hello AQ500,
Great pictures of the field, and we are still at a loss as to how you could get all those planes (and a friend) inside that rig!!
It would be enough to just get to a field for the day, but to make a five hour trip and bring enough stuff to stay for a couple of days,,, that is just some amazing packing.
I brought four planes and had to make two trips to just get them home, and I live only a few miles away. Also it should be noted that he won a airplane kit and had to add that to the load for the ride home!!
Here is a picture taken when I couldn't imagine any more getting in there.
MR Flyer57
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86021.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	160556