Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

It is not my intent to start a feud, BUT

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

It is not my intent to start a feud, BUT

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 02:27 AM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I is not my intent to start a feud, BUT

I have finally found more evidence of weapons of mass ......di.........bation.............peace the pope!
ORIGINAL: sigrun

Hi Bill

I don't think 'monkeyboy' was actually referrring to me. I suspect he was alluding iconically with the name in the sense of "Siegfried" being perceived by those of his generation and attitude as an old fashioned traditional Teutonic name symbolically indicative of attitudes he perceives as disagreeably anacronistic, strict and entrenched. A European analogy for "old fart" if you will, with an subliminally insulting negative connotation by virtue of its the name and character's association with Richard Wagner, Die Nibelungen and Germanic nationalisim.

For my money, JollyPopper summed the problem up accurately a page or so back. Using his mouth as a learning tool, 'monkeyboy' is already at enough of a disadvantage without us paying out on him further. He just doesn't get it that there is room for everybody, even those of you who stubbornly just refuse to quit building.

Sorry to hear of you having such a disappointing experience with the quality of your first ARF. Hopefully it'll fly OK and last its life-span without any major structural mishap. From experience, I concur that ARFs are built and purchased with a shorter acceptable lifespan in mind than we would have built our kits of yesteryear. Although they are continually improving and as I've mentioned in the past, leaps and bounds in the past two or three years, I am discovering that at about the 200 hour mark of pretty demanding aerobatic time on the airframe, my .46/.50 class models unanimously take on that tired in need of complete refurbishment or junking look.

On the subject of warbirds, I bought myself a sport scale .61 sized P40E. The colour scheme as it came supplied is totally erroneous, so I'm going to repaint in the colours and insignia of an aircraft from the 9th FS of the 49th FG of the USAAC as they defended Darwin circa May - Oct '42. Thanks.

FWIW I can't lie by saying other than along with many of your fellow countrymen I don't support the current direction in which your nation's executive is headed. But as our systems of government work, until all get their opportunity to vote and express satisfaction or discontent maintaining or changing the watch at the next election, that's the boat you're/we're sailing in. So call me old fashioned if you will, but whichever direction that boat's sailing, one doesn't abandon 'friends and family', especially when it starts taking on water when they most need your support and assistance. Semper Fidelis!

sigrun
Old 03-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

Actually that "siegfried" part was a typo. What I actually meant to say was Sigmund, as in Sigmund Freud, the famous Australian psychiatrist who assumed he knew someone after an hour on the sofa.

And please reffer to me eighter with my alias or my name, and even then it should be monkeyman.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:26 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sigrun,
You sir, are a class act.
John
Old 03-07-2006, 06:32 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John, I've been saying that about sigrun for a while now. I totally agree.

I suppose that we should ignore the howlings of the primates among us. After all, they have been doing that for ages, and have accomplished absolutely nothing. Interesting parallel there, don't you think. After all, it was he who chose the symbol of himself was it not? (might be interesting to watch him get that jet engine on his back to light off)...(anybody got an extra auxilliary power unit available)???
Old 03-07-2006, 06:54 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has very rarely been my pleasure to read such coherent thoughts. Indeed it makes me jealous of my limited abilities to communicate via the written word. I may not agree totally with what he has written but it put such a smile on my face. The word lampooned comes to mind.
John
Old 03-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hear, Hear!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:23 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

sigrun:

There are about 250 million Americans who agree with your statement about the direction of our nation's executive. Some of the things he has done lately are frightening and smacks of dictatorship (spying on ourselves, a deal with India, Arabs managing some of our very large seaports, etc.). Thank God he has only a short time left in office unless he issues an executive order that because we are in a "war", he can extend his office indefinitely. And I'm beginning to believe he just may be arrogant enough to attempt something along that line.

As far as "monkeyboy" goes, he was ranting a few posts back that all he wanted was a "straight up" reason from the owner of the first field as to why he (monkeyboy) wasn't wanted. Now, just where in hell is it written that the owner owes him an explanation of any kind? It may have been the considerate thing to do, but maybe monkeyboy's attitude negated any consideration on the owner's part immediately. He also stated that he wasn't a "spoiled brat" crying to the owner to get his (monkeyboy's) way. What in hell has he been doing for the last 107 posts but just that?

Enough about monkeyboy. He isn't worth extending this discussion any further. I have the distinct impression that he will stamp his feet and lie down and kick the floor and rant and rave from now 'til eternity as long as anyone resists him in any way. Evidently that performance has resulted in his getting his way for a long time and he isn't going to change it in the near future. Wonder what his chronological age is--I have a pretty good idea what his emotional age is.

Good reading your stuff, sigrun. Happy flying to you (as long as you fly "electros".

Old 03-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

AGAIN with blaming my attitude... I beg of you, Please read! I told you somany times, its not JUST me who got treated like that.

Why doesnt he need a reason? If someone slaps you across the face, and you are wondering why, would you accept it if hed say "my reasons are my own"?

What ive been doing the last few posts? Handing out the same piece of text in a perpetual loop.. I keep telling its not me, yet you still come with the old "bad attitude" thing... Its been done to death. What do you want me to do, use textsize 200 bold and colored red, and pray you actually read it for once? Please remember that in any future postings. Im tired of defending myself for the same thing over and over again.

And YES, I WILL stamp my feet if you people keep being ignorant and insulant about the fact that its not me who was wrong. Im sick of being wrongly accused of something. Your slander simply isnt true. Please read up and get your facts straight before slinging mud.

Im beginning to get the feeling some of you are getting off on me trying to fight off the mass attacks of nonsence..
Old 03-07-2006, 11:17 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, this thread specifically said it was not intended to start a fued.

Since it not only started one, but also gotten way off topic, I'm closing it.