Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

some days it doesn't pay

Old 08-07-2002, 12:04 PM
RCaeroguy
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some days it doesn't pay

The other day I went to the field to, what else, have a good time flying. The first pass I took with the plane, I ended up dead stick landing because the engine was just not right. Made some adjustments and started the engine. I needed a screwdriver out of the field box so I tried to open the drawer, which of course was stuck. I got that open but because the handle of my fuel pump was down in front of the drawer, I broke it off at the shaft. NOT GOOD!! The handle flies over to the RUNNING engine and hits the prop. Kills the engine, and breaks the prop. OK, now I have a broken prop (no biggy) and a plane full of fuel. Change the prop and I'm in business, right? By the way, everyone offered to let me use their fuel pump. Anyway, I get the engine started and go to taxi out on the runway. Right in front of the pilot gate I'm at, three rubber bands just break and fly off the wing. Unbelievable!! I figured, I'd just go sit and the other guys fly for awhile. A couple of hours go by so I figure I'll try it again. I go down to my station and grab my radio, only to discover I left it on the whole time I was watching everyone else. DEAD!!
I just took the hint and packed up and continued to watch the other guys fly.
At least I got one flight in.
Old 08-07-2002, 01:17 PM
Taildrager-inactive
My Feedback: (11)

It's probably just as well you packed up and went home, at least you took home all your fingers, and a intact plane, there will be better days.
Old 08-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Jim_McIntyre

We all have those days.

For co-miseration purposes;

- I once took 2 aircraft and a heli to the field,
returned with a bag of salvage material and a Tx with a broken antenna.

- I once glued a wing to a wing rack.

- A friend of mine once backed over his (about to be test flown) aircraft when in a hurry to chase old faithful that had just flown away without the Rx switched on.

- Another friend crashed his plane ... into his newest (about to be test flown) plane (forgot to tether).

- we once had a visitor travel two days to attend our scale rally only to bring the wrong transmitter.

- I've seen (and performed) many other boneheaded maneuvers. You're not alone. :stupid:
Old 08-07-2002, 03:07 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Left the transmitter at the field after flying. Got home and realized I left it. Drove back to pick it up(30 minutes each way). Got talking to the guys. Got home and found a message on my machine saying that they had plugged my transmitter into the club trainer charger so I could fly the next day when I came to pick it up. At that point I realized that I still didn't bring the transmitter home. :stupid:

Positive side was that I got to fly the next day.