Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Flying club in Dallas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 08:46 AM
blueapplepaste
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying club in Dallas?

I'm looking for a good club to join in the Dallas area. I live in Lewisville so something closer up here would be a plus.

Just getting back into the hobby after having to leave it due to going away for college. When I used to fly I never flew w/a club just on some land that a friend owned. Looking for a good friendly club that can help me find my flying skills that I used to have. Thanks for any replies.

Matthew
Old 10-11-2004, 12:51 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Flying club in Dallas?

There's a club locator on
http://www.ama-dist-8.org/ActualIndex.html

Most likely the club in Denton is closest to you
http://www.aeromodelers.org/
Old 10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Harry Landings
My Feedback: (8)

The flying field in Denton is located in a public park and is very casual in its safety and frequency control. You face west (into the afternoon sun) when flying. There is a field in Hickory Creek that belongs to a club with limited membership but is required by the park to allow all AMA members to fly. It is a beautiful grass field but as a non-member you must use a pit area with no ammenities (no tables, no shade). There is a field in Grapevine that is a nice grass field that also is required to allow non-members to fly and it is a lot friendlier and pretty easy to get to. There are several other clubs a little farther away.

I live in Lewisville during the week. Give me a call. My number is an Austin number (cell phone). 512-297-8001. Dick
Old 10-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Trombe
My Feedback: (1)

GSW is the club I fly at. Its a bit of a Drive but its well worth it. (Its in FortWorth)
www.flygsw.org