Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

international flyers

Old 11-12-2004, 11:05 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: international flyers

Clement ... why not! See me about this in the MalaysianHangar at CLUBHOUSE.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:34 AM
ClemenTang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wot? 25 pgs!?!?!?

Will revert to you next mth I guess... You don't have a want list?

Clement
Old 11-13-2004, 05:44 AM
tIANci

Clement ... a list would be great! Email me if you wanna.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:40 AM
J3FAN

Here is an introduction to some more :

I have shared SLOPING in GENOVA, Italy. An incredible place, facing the Mediterranean. The big gliders fly out directly over the eastern suburbs of the city itself. The club is ALBATROS - the lifetime president is 84 year old Signor Mario Ferrari. From my parent's house the site is almost directly overhead and a 15 minute drive, almost vertically UP. At the peak there is an observatory, the wind from the ocean supplies non-stop lift. I witnessed a flyer ( a Carabinieri) doing touch and goes with a 4 meter Glider on the surface of the cliff at a 45degree inclination.

I have THERMALLED and demo'd PATTERN in Club de Aeromodelismo CIUDADELA, suburb of Buenos Aires, Argentina... the demo flight ( in 1975 ) was interrupted by undercover police who were investigating terrorist activities. They actually shoved a machine gun into my gut and forced the landing... It was" the bad times" then.My friends explained later that it was my USA Passport that actually stopped the police inquiry. The chief of police had just been blown up in his boat with a Radio Controlled device...!!! The timing was double bad....I was there again as recently as October 2003 under more peaceful conditions but didn't fly for lack of a suitable plane.

ITALY 1 ARGENTINA 1

Thanks for posting the POEM ... I am keeping it and sharing it with others.

OJALA QUE RECONOZCAN LOS COLORES DE ARGENTINA EN EL MODELO " El Pampero" En el estabilizador vertical, los colores azul-celeste y blanco, con el Sol en el centro, son el pabellon de Argentina, "PAMPERO" esta escrito en el fuselaje, atras, cerca del estabilizador horizontal.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85863.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	192616  
Old 11-14-2004, 10:15 AM
ClemenTang

tIANci,

I mean you give me a list telling me what you want, then I can find out how much that costs in HK and tell you.

Clement
Old 11-14-2004, 01:04 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Dont forget the U.K. i moved to the US 3 years ago so i dont know what its like now, but i know where i used to live there were quite a few people flying rc. i have never been to argentina but i have been to the falkland islands when i was in the military and used to fly rc there. man when you look at that island you wouldn't think only 22 years ago the only things in the air were argentine A4's, migs and mirage aircraft. and of course british harriers shooting them down. Now it is so peaceful and of course COLD AND WINDY
Old 11-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

The list stands at Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, United States, Hungary, Germany, France, Italy, UK.

A total country count at 22 countries. I think the only continent we lack is Africa.

Paul BTW, first of all they are called the Malvinas Islands... Second of all if you flew RC there tecnically you have flown in Argentina.

I am an American living in Argentina and wow is that a sensitive subject here. In every major city here there are monuments dedicated to taking the islands back and as you travel from one province of Argentina to another the first sign inside of every province says ¨The Malvinas belong to Argentina¨ You must like desolate, cold, and windy places, first the Malvinas and now you are in Idaho.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:25 PM
pauluk2w

ORIGINAL: Gringo Volador

The list stands at Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, United States, Hungary, Germany, France, Italy, UK.

A total country count at 22 countries. I think the only continent we lack is Africa.

Paul BTW, first of all they are called the Malvinas Islands... Second of all if you flew RC there tecnically you have flown in Argentina.

I am an American living in Argentina and wow is that a sensitive subject here. In every major city here there are monuments dedicated to taking the islands back and as you travel from one province of Argentina to another the first sign inside of every province says ¨The Malvinas belong to Argentina¨ You must like desolate, cold, and windy places, first the Malvinas and now you are in Idaho.
FYI. argentina call the islands the malvinas. the falkland islands are ruled and governed by britain. argentina invaded the islands in 1982 sending i think it was about 20,000 troops to capture the islands. britain had about 200 royal marines on the islands that were taken prisoner and paraded on tv, this infuryated margret thatcher (prime minister of britain at the time) britain set up a task force to retake the islands (by the way british troops were out numbered by 3-1) the argentinians had a few hundred aircraft sent to the area and all britain could muster was 24 harriers in a few weeks the royal navy harriers had complete control of the air. the war lasted only a few months and general galteairy (spelling?) was imprisoned as it was an unpopular war with the argentinian people it also had massive financial effects on the argentine economy. so before someone tells me these islands belong to argentinas look up the falklands war in 1982 then try to give me facts. i was not in the falklands for a vacation BTW argentina never won a single battle in this war
some info here

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark...504/falkl.html
you are correct in what you say these islands will be fought over for a long time to come
Old 11-14-2004, 05:32 PM
pauluk2w

hehe i guess this is a touchy subject still. man why do people fight over something so small?. I hate the cold i would love to move somewhere thats warm all year round and not too windy then i can fly and not worry too much about snow and blizzards in winter. oh well i better start thinking of getting skis for my planes soon. Its great to see that so many countries participate in the sport we all love
Old 11-14-2004, 06:30 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

gringo, your math is awful. your list is 23, add israel and it's 24...

i suck at geography and don't know where the real line is between asia and africa but i did fly in the sinai peninsula a couple of years ago and that belongs to egypt which most definitely is africa.

dave
Old 11-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Gringo Flyer

Sorry Paul, all that was said toungue-in-cheek... hence the 3 smiley faces at the end of that comment. I am apologize if it was taken out of context. I said it bc here we have to tiptoe around the issue bc it is very sensitive I should have cleared up that it was a comment made tounge-in-cheek.

Zagnut I did count wrong and I didnt put Israel on the list. Sorry. Egypt is part of Africa and we will add it on the list. Now at 25.

Wow... anybody else want to take a shot at me... Put up your dukes!!!! [>:]
Old 11-14-2004, 09:29 PM
J3FAN

EHHHH GRINGO VOLANTE ( no "volador" please ! )
what does a US Citizen do, living in Formosa ?
our physician here in Houston comes from that province, and we thought that is as remote as one can get. Maybe you know the family ( Bordon )
Are you into QUEBRACHO ? yerba mate ? what (besides RC, of course ! )
About the Malvinas/Falklands..... the Argentines prefer to ignore the historical fact that the British took possession way back in time, like some centuries ago.
"Las Malvinas son Argentinas" [ the M.islands belong to Argentina] ... is a motet that was already implanted into the elementary school children in the 30's and 40's.... maybe before that even, but I wasn't around until then.
The BASIS for the claim is that the "submarine platform" i.e. the bottom of the sea up to 200 meters is part of the adjacent country, and it so happens that the platform extends as far as those islands and they rise from 200 meters and less. Consequently, the country feels that it is a real part of the territory, thereby rejecting the claim of "occupation" by the British.
It is just another of those un-resolvable items, like abortion, gay marriage, the Palestinian question, used by humanity to perpetuate uncivilized conflict,etc.
This is just another opinion. added to this exchange for some COMIC RELIEF.
Long live Radio Controlled (something)
Old 11-14-2004, 09:34 PM
J3FAN

GAY
Old 11-14-2004, 09:36 PM
J3FAN

EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCE HERE !
I type
the three letter word
G
A
+ Y
and the program turns the word into *****

WOW

Gee+a+y
G - aaahhh - why ?
(experiment)
Old 11-14-2004, 09:54 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's keep the discussion focused on RC and not wonder off on political, social, or religious topics.

CUBS, in addition to profanity, some words are filtered because a few choose to misuse them.

Eric
Old 11-15-2004, 09:53 AM
tIANci

Africa and Asia are worlds apart Zagnut ... Africans are black and in Asia we are yellow or brown or black! Heheheee ... Asia is wonderul! All races in Malaysia have assimilated and we live in harmony. Wait till you see the food we have here due to a fusion of cultures!!! Just that we do not have proper flying clubs or fields ... that suckz!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 10:39 AM
ClemenTang

Want to talk about food? We import everything and we have everything! And of course we eat anything! Geese which the Brits don't eat, dogs if you go across the border into the mainland, shark's fin soup peking duck bear's paw abalone crocodiles sushi tepanyaki fondu dimsum dumplings italian thai korean viet indian sorry no fish&chips. And some that you wouldn't put in your mouth at gun point! I think the only thing that we don't eat is the giant panda.

The same goes for RC too. We have stuffs from Japan, Korean, Taiwan, Czech and for some reasons some American stuff from some of the factories in the mainland.

Clement
Old 11-15-2004, 04:35 PM
allmetal plane

Greetings to all of you,

My name is Carlos, fron Colombia, beautiful land in South America. It is good to see modelers from all over the place in this wondertful forum!!

Saludos a todos!!

Que biueno ver colegas de otros paises, soy un aeromodelsta colombiano radicado en el estado de Virginia.. Practico el vuelo a escala asi que Saludos y si desean escribir mi direccion es [email protected].

Carlos
Old 11-15-2004, 04:40 PM
allmetal plane

Una vez mas su colega colombiano Carlos,

Se me olvidaba compartirles mi pagina de internet para que vean mis aviones
www.allmetalplane.com
Quiero aclararles de que la pagina necesita actualizacion, pero hay buena informacion...

cordial saludo !
Old 12-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Javier-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Greetings from Cali, Colombia. Last month we realized our National Pattern Championship, and Open International with pilots from Ecuador and Aruba. There are some 25 RC Clubs in Colombia. Some pictures of the event...

Name:	Xv62989.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	198708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55711.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	198709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr42174.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	198710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98070.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	198711  
Old 12-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Javier-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

And...

Name:	Lj23340.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	198720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16853.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	198721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75173.jpg
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	198722  
Old 12-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Raghfrost

wassup guys i am fr singapore been in the hobby for 3 yrs on and off.. hehehe.. i fly at tempines..
Old 12-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Gringo Flyer

Raghfrost, thanks for reviving the thread. I had all but forgotten about it. I know there are bunch more countries represented out there that havent spoken up.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:36 AM
Raghfrost

ma pleasure Gringo
Old 12-16-2004, 08:29 PM
AbuAnas

Hi

I am from Saudi Arabia, Riyadh. We have around 60 flyers over here flying mainly glower's and couple of guys roaring their jets.

We fly off a paved area outside of the city, but a new aviation club .s being built. though the hobby is not as popular as soccor but we have alot of audiance each week.

As far as I know United Arab Emirates (UAE) has few clubs and alot of good experianced flyer, the same goes for Kuwit.

AbuAnas

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.