Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Smoking In RC Fields

Old 08-17-2002, 01:25 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoking In RC Fields

I was training a 15 year old kid to fly his trainer one time. He took it home at the end of the day, and was fooling around with it while he was smoking. He cought himself on fire!! He ran into the house (still on fire.) and his grand mother had to put him out. I saw him again about 2 years later, and I didn't recognize him. He was scared up pretty bad. Just something for you smokers to think about. D.P.T.
Old 08-17-2002, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoking In RC Fields

Yep, I smoke.
I smoke on the way to the flightline.
I smoke while getting ready to fly.
I smoke while fueling, (glow).
I smoke while flying.
I smoke after crashing.
I smoke on the way to my truck.
I smoke during repairs.
I smoke when I'm not mixing fuel.
I smoke when pumping gas on my way to crash another plane.

(...Good Grief! I smoke a LOT!)

It isn't that I'm always smoking when doing these things but that I'm aware of having done it.

Take a pail of gasoline or glowfuel outside. Light up. Toss the cigarette into the pail. So much for your cigarette.

The fumes or vapors if you prefer have to be in a high enough concentration for ignition to occur. Unless there is absolutely no wind whatsoever and the fumes have had sufficient time to accumulate into a combustable state, you needn't worry.

I do NOT however stand downwind of anything volitile while smoking. (A little common sense. )

I can see how smoking while standing on a giant mound that burps methane is a bad idea. BOOOMM.

Ever fill a balloon up with propane or butane and pop it with a lighter? Wear a face shield.