Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Anybody use OZ Cover or Rhino Cover

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Anybody use OZ Cover or Rhino Cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 08:11 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody use OZ Cover or Rhino Cover

I've heard these coverings are like iron but very light and easy to apply. Lets here your opinion guys.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:38 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Just go to my web page for more info and some pictures of planes done in our covering. It is great stuff, but of course I am predjudice!!!!
Old 08-23-2002, 12:09 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Your web site is where I first heard about the products but I'm looking for unsolicited comments.
Old 08-23-2002, 04:00 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have used both and like them a lot. Much stronger than all other plastic coatings like monocote or ultracote. You need to clean them thourghly with acetone tho if you plan to paint them; seems to be a release agent on them that won't let paint stick.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:13 PM
Frazzy
My Feedback: (1)

I recently covered my Balsa USA Enforcer with Ozcover. I cannot vouch yet for the longevity of the product, but when I used it I found it to be easier to work with than Monokote. As mentioned it is tougher, which means you can pull harder to make it tight, and also, its pretty darn hard to melt or burn the covering. One nice thing that is really nice, is that if you need to remove and tighten or simply move the covering for whatever reason, all you have to do is reheat the spot and pull it up, then seal it back down. Try that with monokote a half dozen times. Now, the ozcover is not perfect. As mentioned, it has to be washed with acetone at least twice to get the silicone machining process off of the covering, and it has to be painted, or it will be an opaqueish color. Overall, I like the covering and will use it again.