Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Someone with deep pockets needs to build one of these

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Someone with deep pockets needs to build one of these

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 10:05 AM
FOD MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone with deep pockets needs to build one of these

Forget a slow fly-by,this one would look great going fast[sm=thumbup.gif] oh, by the way it aint a B-29or B-36.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30931.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	209545  
Old 01-02-2005, 12:53 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Someone with deep pockets needs to build one of these

Description: The KB-50 tanker was a later version of the four-engine, propeller-powered B-50 bomber which first flew in 1947. The B-50, among the last piston-powered bombers built during an era that was to be dominated by jets, evolved from the B-29D. However, because it included so many improvements, it was redesignated the B-50A with 59 percent more power than the B-29. Two 5,200-pound-thrust jet engines enhanced the B-50?s speed when it was converted to the hose-type KB-50 aerial tanker, so it could refuel jet aircraft flying at 400 mph. Some KB-50s served until 1965 and were in action during the Vietnam conflict as refueling tankers.

http://www.boeingphotostore.com/sour...84&action=&ss=

I would like to see someone build one of these P2's........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62230.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	209599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89094.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	209600  
Old 01-03-2005, 09:03 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Back in the 80's my dad built a P2-V with plans to make it for RC. He never got it flying RC, but had a beautiful display model out of it. His was a labor of love because that was the plane he served in when he was in the Navy.

I can tell you right now that it's going to be hard to find a company that would be willing to kit the P2-V. Lockeed Martin have been real a**holes about licensing the name/images of their planes for the RC world. Over on the Twin engine forums they have been discussing the problems with Lockeed Martin and kitting the P-38.

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Lockheed_claims_infringements/m_2458456/tm.htm[/link]
Old 01-03-2005, 10:37 AM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The picture in my post was from one of the ones I used to work on. They were unique. I had to scrap one for the Navy due to corrosion, that was pretty sad.