Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Online picture hosting?

Old 12-19-2001, 02:06 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online picture hosting?

I guess Photopoint.com is no longer in business. What other services do you guys use for Web based pic hosting?
Old 12-19-2001, 03:01 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Wayne,

Check out photos.yahoo.com. They use the system you're used to, and it's free.
Old 12-19-2001, 03:52 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can also use SnapFish.com, they have photo hosting as well as discount film developing. Photo Hosting is free.

SnapFish
Old 12-20-2001, 03:48 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noticed could not reach photopoint...this was slowing up our pages as these links were now broken. Because of this I wanted to give you all the heads up. I changed the inline viewing feature for pics linked from other sites to our page which would appear inline to just show the link instead of the picture. Users will just click the link now which would popup a window with the image.

REason I did it is that if the other providers where the images were hosted were down or slow it holds up loading of our pages and we can't rely on their speed or uptime. The only difference is that if they are served from other sites a link will appear instead of the image.

Let others know for now until we figure out how to make the page stop hanging on those images. normally you do a size tag and the browser will work around but in this case the image size is unknown as it is on another site. I have no problem with external image services and encourage them as it saves us bandwidth so until we find a fix for the load issue the external link images won't appear inline but as I said a clickable link to show the picture instead. You can still post your picture as an upload along with your post and it will serve off of our server within the past as before but there is no solution yet to the browsers hanging when an inline image is unavailable from a 3rd party.

If the question comes up as users post and only a link shows for externally hosted image files let them know as this change should propogate all the forums as soon as I reset the default.