Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

HOBBY LOBBY SHIPPING SERVICE IS A JOKE!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HOBBY LOBBY SHIPPING SERVICE IS A JOKE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 04:01 PM
HOv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOBBY LOBBY SHIPPING SERVICE IS A JOKE!!!

Hi Guys:
I just wanted to know if any of you have has bad experiences with hobby lobby. happens that I ordered in OCTOBER two shockflyers ( Extra and Edge) with BEC, props, Engines, etc...

I asked my order to a mail box in miami wich belong to a modeler firend that bring me all my R/C stuff since 1990, and they have not received a damned thing.

I asked them using the order number they provide and they only reply giving me again the order number, but I would like to have the tracking number of the package to know were the H*** in the US the invoice is!!!

They haven`t be able to give me any tracking number, and just are happy telling me that the order was shipped in NOVEMBER 1 at 8:02.

I pasted below the secuence of emails so you can see how they don not provide any useful info about the order and even take over a month to asnswer, while I have $$320 "flying somewhere in the country".

Hope your comments. any worst experience will be reconfortant.
Since all seems that Hobby Lobby has taken his post sale service as a joke, at least some of you could tell me how well the models I "ordered" fly???

__________________________________________________ ______________

Hello,

Thank you for the email. Your order number 940746 was delivered November 1 at 8:02 a.m. To the following address:

PROCOMEX CHILE
7206 N.W. 84TH AVENUE
Miami, Florida 33166

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,
Ted Hinson
Hobby Lobby International
(615) 373-1444 ext 201

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 3:01 PM
To: sales
Subject: Reenviar: Order Number 940746.

Please I donot have news.
Regards
Haralt

-------Mensaje original-------

De: haralt
Fecha: 12/20/04 21:12:33
Para: [email protected]
Asunto: Order Number 940746.

Puerto Varas-CHILE

Hello Srs:
can you tell me , were was sended , this Order, Because, I do not have any news, about this order, 940746.
Account No: 215560
Thanks in advance

Haralt Opitz Vergara
Puerto Varas-CHILE-SouthAmerica
Old 01-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Bevo

Default RE: HOBBY LOBBY SHIPPING SERVICE IS A JOKE!!!

I've heard that Hobby Lobby has had some problems with shipping. I've known people who have ordered airplanes and they don't show up on time or the box is baddly damaged. I hope you can get your order straighted out?

Bevo
Old 01-09-2005, 04:37 PM
RChobby53

I've had several things never appear when they are shipped by the USPS. Always better to go with UPS or FedEx with a signature on delivery required. Prepare to pay more for that however. It appears Hobby Lobby did send the stuff, since they have documentation of delivery.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:45 PM
HOv

Sorryly I knew about Hobby lobby`s behavior once I had this problem.
But i think the problem is of their own with the USPS or whatever method for delivery they use.
Or should be my fault that they do not have any trace of what the send out of the store and no one, between all dozens of employees, in charge of give to the customer a good service and on time info about the orders delivered???

They never take me seriously before. How can a hobbyshop this size work like this???
A friend of mine ask to tower hobbies what happened with a 1/a p-51 that was missing and before any further questions Tower inmediatly shipped a new one. That is customer service!!!
By now the models I ordered are in local hobby shop a very nice price, and I should be flying them months ago..
Old 01-09-2005, 04:54 PM
RChobby53

I kind of doubt you will ever see your order. Since they have proof that it was delivered, it is now up to you to prove that it was not.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:10 PM
HOv

They have just say theiy sent it in the date stated above, but they have not proove to who or where!!!!

If all the customer have to proobe they have not received the order...it is a big beatiful deal, great busssines for Hobby lobby people, they save a hunreds of bucks a year with this method.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:12 PM
RChobby53

No, Hobby Lobby sent your order. Sounds like you have a complaint with the United States Postal Service, or whoever received the stuff at that drop off location.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:42 PM
altacom
My Feedback: (3)

I have been doing business with Hobby Lobby for about 10 years now, and have nothing but the highest praise for their service. I have had items that failed replaced in a most timely manner, and always have been treated with respect. I hate to see a company panned for one instance that they probably had no control over.

I have never had an order come up missing, and have on occasion done exchanges etc with no problem. The best I find is that they will work with you on the phone to insure that the product you buy is what you need. I nearly bought a motor combo that would not have flown the plane I planned on using it on. I called and they got me exactly what I needed and the plane is still flying.

I have experience in the shipping business, and anything shipped to a Postal box for reshipment elsewhere is an iffy business at best. The company I worked for would not ship anything to a PO Box, Period.

In this instance, I wouldnt be suprised that someone in the Mailbox Company has a complete airplane flying at this gentleman's expense. Once delivered to this type of business there are limited controls in place.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Devin McGrath

thats what it sounds like to me the shock flyers fly great "build light" they fly good no matter what but lighter the better
Old 01-09-2005, 06:11 PM
HOv

The mail box bussiness is operated for a friend of mine for more than 20 years, he is a modeler too, and come to my club from time t time, he sponsors our club meetings and is very compromised with the R/C hobby.
Also run a web hobby shop here in Chile, "Hobbyexpress", so I`m completely sure the package didn`t do to the mail box office.

May be the problem is the USPS, but then why hobby lobby can`t tell me anything about the shipping and only emailed the internal order for their own procedure, number that I had since the order was placed.

They should have a piece of parer registering the invoice, so they have all the tools to complain to the USPS, I only could tell them I`m waiting something to be delivered.
If they care about my missing order should bring me any document or info that will help me to complain to USPS, but at bare hand they will only laught for sure.

I think that the companies service can not be sized for the millions of trouble free orders they process, but how they handle the problems like this one.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

how come you post this in the 3D forums? moveing to a proper place
Old 01-09-2005, 06:33 PM
RChobby53

ORIGINAL: HOv

The mail box bussiness is operated for a friend of mine for more than 20 years, he is a modeler too, and come to my club from time t time, he sponsors our club meetings and is very compromised with the R/C hobby.
Also run a web hobby shop here in Chile, "Hobbyexpress", so I`m completely sure the package didn`t do to the mail box office.

May be the problem is the USPS, but then why hobby lobby can`t tell me anything about the shipping and only emailed the internal order for their own procedure, number that I had since the order was placed.

They should have a piece of parer registering the invoice, so they have all the tools to complain to the USPS, I only could tell them I`m waiting something to be delivered.
If they care about my missing order should bring me any document or info that will help me to complain to USPS, but at bare hand they will only laught for sure.

I think that the companies service can not be sized for the millions of trouble free orders they process, but how they handle the problems like this one.
Sounds like Hobby Lobby sent it Priority Mail via the USPS. If they have a tracking number, all it will say is the delivery point and the date. If they have that, then you really don't have any options, other than begging Hobby Lobby to send out another at their expense, which I doubt they will do.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Rebellion
My Feedback: (2)

I too have nothing but praise for Hobby Lobby. I have been doing business with them for three years now and have never had a problem of any kind with them. My stuff is usually shipped UPS and is always here within three or four days. I have also been in their shop in Brentwood and met a few of the people I talked with on the phone. Good people all.
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with not getting your plane but, as others have already said, I think the USPS is who you need to have a talk with.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:43 PM
altacom
My Feedback: (3)

When a person ships something by USPS, there is a tracking number. Once the USPS shows that the item, by tracking number has been delivered, the company that shipped the item has no further control.

Sounds to me like Hobby Lobby did everything they could do. They told you that the package was delivered. After that it is in the hands of the person that received the package. It's not up to the company shipping an order to do more than verify delivery. They have no other responsibility than to ship and insure delivery. And in all cases where I have done business with them, Hobby Lobby has fulfilled their responsibility.

Youre looking in the wrong area for redress of this problem. Somebody got your package, and if there was no signature showing who got the package, even the USPS is off the hook.

This is a silly thing to be posting in the forum's anyway. So why don't you go to the person that received the package and find out what happened and let this thread die. You are trying to impune a reputable company in a public forum, and that is in rather poor taste at best.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Silvanskii
My Feedback: (17)

DJ Aerotech has had quite bad shipping service through H.L. as well. They or someone beat the crap out of many a kit that have been shipped here.

Our things have been fairly quickly resolved though...
Old 01-09-2005, 07:22 PM
RChobby53

I never had problems with the USPS until this year. I'm convinced it is my local delivery man. In the last year no less than 3 important (expensive) packages have been marked as "delivered" by the priority mail records, yet never came to my home. I've complained to my local post office, but its like talking to a brick wall. Now I insist people ship me things via some other carrier.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Why are you blaming Hobby Lobby? Take it up with your "friend" at the confirmed delivery end or the USPS carrier on that route.

Next time pay extra for insurance or signature required, stop blaming HL as they are a top notch organization.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:32 AM
tatolazo

Let´s see, HOV clearly is not saying that HL did not sent his order, he is saying that HL haven´t help him with useful info to ask for his package at USPS, taking him not seriously at all.
In deed, if HL knows that the ordr was delivered on November 1 at 8:02, they should have that info somewhere, in some paper, and with this document could be very useful to put on a complain, so why don´t bring all the exhibits to the customer to help him with his complain to USPS.??

I think that´s why he said the shipping service is a joke, because if a customer say that he has not received his order on the stated destiny or at least by the person that was supoused to receive it, the least thing that the shop could do is say:

"well sir, this here is this document that states that mr. XX, in this adress: ..... , received your package", and bring a copy to help with the rescue of the valuable items lost. "

But the stores just say when it was delivered not helping or taking care to much as anyone will desire. If I were in his shoes will also expect for some compromise with the store.

I also have ordered once from HL and received my stuff OK, but thinks like that happens from time to time and make us very upset, specially when you feel they don´t care about it.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:24 AM
RChobby53

I don't think it helps that there is a language barrier in this case. The postal service tracking IS A JOKE. There is no signature on delivery, especially to a postal box. So all HL knows is what the USPS tells it.........that it was delivered, period. I've faced the same battle, even knowing who the delivery man is, and where he probably delivered the package to (in error). There is virtually NO RECOURSE with the USPS. In this case a dropoff location with no signature required makes it impossible to fix.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:50 PM
tatolazo

Well, probably there is no guaranteed succes with USPS even having some paper signed by smeone.
But as far as I know Procomex runs a full operational offcie in miamio, with people working in office schedule, so there has to be someone who receive it, i that offcie or some somwhere else.

If USPS failed, Hobby Lobby has no guilt on that, but I think they should be a little more supportive with the customer, That is what I would hope of a big and reknowed enterprice like that.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Your issue is still with USPS and the place where it was delivered, not Hobby Lobby. What kind of help is Procomex providing other than saying "we don't have it"? HL is the only one clean here, they have proper paperwork and delivery confirmation. They provided you with all information they have. Short of running down to Mami to look for your package there is nothing more they can do so it is silly to say HL is not providing service here.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Kitman
My Feedback: (13)

HOv,

I have been dealing with Hobby Lobby since Jim Martin started the business and I can truely say they are the best in the business when it comes to service, if not they would have closed their doors along time ago! Give Jim T. and Randy some credit, this sounds like a USPS problem. You have pointed your problem in your own e-mail.

"Please engage brain before starting mouth"

Kitman
Old 01-10-2005, 05:27 PM
HOv

I have insisted with a new email to hobby lobby, now some other person answer as I always wanted to, ICLUDING the NAME of the person who received the order.
With that fact Procomex has followed all the route of the package, that finally is supuosed to be in a warehouse in Chile.
If the package isn`t there Procomex have said that, since the package was supoused to be on under their when it get lost, they will replace my order, and with the new info provided just today by hobby lobby they took just few hours to find out what happened with my invoice.

That is support, they constantly were calling every minute to tell the advance of the search, until they give me a concrete solution.
May be if Hobby Lobby would give all the data the very first time, I could have had my planes months ago.

When I say "shipping service" I meant the support to the customer by the shipping departament, not that the shipping it self is bad, beacuse it is in any hobby shop a foreign service of USPS, UPS, or whatever.

So, Since now they provide me the info I asked from the first time the point is solved and has been demonstrated Hobby lobby has no guilt in the package lost, but some not telling all the info at a propper time to do something about it.

Thanks all.
I think this forum could be closed now.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:11 AM
AgCat1982

Looks like all of you guys were wrong. You talked about his tracking number and he had already told you they did not give him a tracking number, only the invoice number. That was Hobby Lobbys mistake. Without a tracking number, no matter if it may not be very good, he had NOTHING from Hobby Lobby proving it had even been shipped. Just them saying they shipped.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:25 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Right on the hobby-lobby website there's a section where you can track an order by just inserting the invoice number. They gave him the key to getting the tracking number.
I don't see what's so hard about reading "airborne tracking" at the very bottom of the home page. All he has to do is click on that and then enter the invoice number.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.