Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

SLOTCAR INFO NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 10:12 AM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SLOTCAR INFO NEEDED

Im looking to get back into slotcars, preferably the AFX 1/64th scale due to limited space.. Is there somebody that can give me website or some info on this? Basically what tracks are compatible with one another, different kinds of cars etc..

ANything would be appreciated.

thanks

Old 11-26-2005, 10:59 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: SLOTCAR INFO NEEDED

Tower has a good selection of slot car tracks. I would think Hobby Lobby does also.

David
Old 11-26-2005, 11:55 AM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.. I'm looking for information regarding the car types. Super g+ cars and 440x2 etc.. What are the differences with these cars and are they compatible with all afx tracks?

what cars can work with what tracks and what tracks are interchangeable.. I hear there is adaptors that allow you to connect afx track to tyco etc..

And finally the scale? AFX tracks are 1/64 correct? are HO scale the same or compatible?

sorry for so many questions, just trying to get this sorted out before i start dropping cash.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:47 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.fantasyworldhobbies.com/index.asp
For all your slot car needs. I have shopped here before. Wonderful service. Did that help?
Old 11-26-2005, 11:48 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this rvd...

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/slotca...?s=&forumid=11

Ask some of those guys, and look around a bit for some links and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for...

I used to be pretty heavy into HO but now I race 1/24 "wing" cars...

edit: HO stands for "Half O" or one half of "O" gauge, from model railroading...and I think it's 1/87th scale, but I don't remember that part exactly right off hand (been 20+ years man...)