Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC planes on television?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC planes on television?

Is there some television channels dedicated to RC aerobatic planes, racers or IMAC competitions around the world?

Daniel
Old 07-17-2006, 04:00 PM
jgeck90

Default RE: RC planes on television?

that would be cool but all i know is that hobby show on DIY with a guy named chris.
jeff
oh ya its Remote Controlled Hobbies
but its not planes mostly
Old 07-17-2006, 07:10 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

This week on Master of Champions they will have 2 guys racing RC planes.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:51 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

What is "Master of Champions" and what channel is it on?
Old 07-19-2006, 03:00 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

It's a TV show where people compete against eachother in a "best of the best" war ( i guess). i don't fully understand the concept of the show, eventhough i have seen it a couple times.

[link=http://abc.go.com/primetime/masterofchampions/]master of champions[/link]
Old 07-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Scoubidou

Thanks guys
I have ABC channel at home and i'll look at it tonight.

Greetings from Canada!
Old 07-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

I watched the show and the pilots looked pretty reckless. I was not impressed.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:31 PM
upnflyin

I just watched it tonite and it was a real black eye for rc.
Wasn't impressed at all. It was a discrace when the kid hovered his foamey in front of himself and kicked the tail feathers off of it.
I hope not too many people watched that program. Be assured I will never watch that program again.
upnflyin
Old 07-20-2006, 09:12 PM
rc-sport

Guys, you have to remember that this was being catered to the general public. We know what is reckless and what is good flying but the average Joe doesn't. Big deal if a kid (he's actually 39) kicks his plane, it's good for TV. I thought it showed regular people that RC takes alot of skill and practice. The only thing that bothered me was that the commentator called a rolling harrier a torque roll but Mr John Q Public doesn't tknow that. Hey it's better than Geraldo doing a show on how terrorist can blow up the UN with an RC plane.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: rc-sport

The only thing that bothered me was that the commentator called a rolling harrier a torque roll
LOL!! Me too!!

I thought it was pretty cool
Old 07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
ScienceisCool

I thought it was "OK" but not that impressive. It did bother me a bit when the announcer warned the audience that these were "toys".
Old 07-21-2006, 08:26 AM
rc-sport

Oh ! I thought she said these are not toys. I guess we have to worry about getting hurt with toys now too
Old 07-21-2006, 10:30 AM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the male host said they were "toys", after all, they did put up a safety net. Perhaps he meant to say they were "not toys". Can't imagine why he would warn the audience that they are toys.

BTW, what happened to the kid who was supposed to fly the heli? AMA announced it on their web site.

CCR
Old 07-21-2006, 03:30 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

that show last night was the biggest waste of one hour EVER. The flying was not impressive at all! I has highly dissapointed...i couldn't imagine this show being on the air much longer

about the heli, there are pictures of the RC Heli on the show's website, looks like a T-Rex or something, so i'm guessing that episode has come and gone
Old 07-21-2006, 03:50 PM
fliers1

Guess that could mean last Thursday or next Thursday. But they are saying last Thursday, shouldn't that be mid July?

This is on the front page of AMA's web site.

Recognized for Flying Skills!
Ten-year-old Empire Hobby pilot Kyle Stacy, AMA number 790921, had the opportunity for the flight of a lifetime. ABC contacted Kyle and his father Ray Stacy about appearing on the new reality show, Master of Champions. The show, which is about people who possess unique or special skills for various activities, will feature Kyle on an episode that is scheduled to air on a Thursday in late July.
continue ...

ORIGINAL: *JCB*

that show last night was the biggest waste of one hour EVER. The flying was not impressive at all! I has highly dissapointed...i couldn't imagine this show being on the air much longer

about the heli, there are pictures of the RC Heli on the show's website, looks like a T-Rex or something, so i'm guessing that episode has come and gone
Old 07-24-2006, 12:12 AM
CptCliffhanger
My Feedback: (6)

I'm the 27 year old "Kid" that kicked the plane, Sorry if you didn't like it. it was just suppose to be fun. Try it sometime, it's quite satisfying!

as for the show, I agree it did pretty much suck. It's hard to produce something good when the executive producers have no idea what rc planes can and can't do. They come up with all sorts of impossible ideas and we have to try and sell them on what really works! Example, at first they wanted us to fly a pylon race on that set with 60 size electric Yaks! Yeah right!

We were under the impression that we had come to an understanding with the producers of what would work, and we were looking forward to filming the segment. Of course on the day of the shoot, quite a few changes were sprung on us that made it difficult. Looking back back we should have stould our ground, it would have made a better segment.

Overall the feedback I've seen is; that regardless of how lame "Master of Champions" is as a show, and how bad you may think the RC segment looks from the perspective of a RC'er; Model aviation was on prime time TV. You can't argue the fact that at least a few people saw it and said to temselves, "I want to go do that!" I think that's good for the hobby.

Overall I must admit that I was dissapointed with the actual event, and it's coverage. That being said, I am very proud of the way the Bio piece turned out. I think it showed some good flying action of us in our element, and we looked like we were having fun. That's good for the hobby. also, I know our team had fun during the filming and I think that showed. That's what attracts people to the hobby, guys having fun together!

Stephan
Old 07-24-2006, 10:20 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought this clip was funny from the show. It's one that I posted in the jets forum. [link=http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/c9-20109345032.wmv]Warning?[/link]

I'm working on posting the rc portion of the show..
Old 07-24-2006, 10:38 AM
jonkoppisch

Here's [link=http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/20411343314.wmv]pt1[/link] and [link=http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/20411500611.wmv]Pt2[/link] of the Master of Champions show. Both parts are 25 meg....
Old 07-24-2006, 11:59 AM
jonkoppisch

If you want to see it thru the putfile format you can click here for [link=http://media.putfile.com/mas-pt1]pt1[/link] and here for [link=http://media.putfile.com/mas-pt2]pt 2[/link]
Old 07-24-2006, 12:27 PM
ScienceisCool

ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

I thought this clip was funny from the show. It's one that I posted in the jets forum. [link=http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/c9-20109345032.wmv]Warning?[/link]

I'm working on posting the rc portion of the show..
Ya, thats what I was talking about. Warning.. these are toys.... Warning... you are a dumb*****
Old 07-24-2006, 02:51 PM
mithrandir
My Feedback: (2)

Ever notice how they get your order wrong 50% of the time when you get fast food???

The production of this looked like "Fast Food Productions"....

The "KID" who kicked his plane.... I fly occasionally with that "KID"...
Can you say BAD ***** Pilot... he flies a 40% Dalton fearlessly!!!
In a freestyle... put'em up there with QQ or Leeseberg!! No kidding...
Kinda cool to see a little bit of Rabbit Dry lake and Chula Vista footage though!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Montague

A while back, "Monster Nation" came out to do a segment during the R/C Combat Nats. It was a lot of fun working with the guys from Monster Nation. It was also really odd to see what they shot, what they said they were going to do, and what finally wound up on TV. What was put together in the final cut didn't look a lot like what was filmed, though in our case, I think the results were pretty good.

I'm not at all surprised that the producers didn't have a clue, and that the guys involved had to work to keep the producers from being totally off the wall.

However, I personally was disappointed in what I saw on "MoC". Not just from being in the hobby, but from the way I think it would look to someone who didn't know anything about RC. Not the fault of any of the pilots involved, of course. I just thought that it made what we do look "random" and wreckless, and did nothing to bring out how cool well performed model flying can be. I think a lot of that was the fault of the camera work and editing btw.

Still, on the whole it's better to get some coverage than none at all.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
TManiaci
My Feedback: (6)

I'm with mithrandir... I fly with the Cirkus guys. (Smokin) Joe, Stephan (Cliffhanger) and (Killer) Vic are easily some of the best RC Freestyle - 3D pilots out there. (mithrandir is no sloutch either... he is badass too)

If you really want to see what these guys are made of... watch the VIDEO. Download the one called "TFC Throwdown - Part 1" from [link=http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=633410]HERE[/link]. There are several vids in this archive, and many of them feature the above pilots. They really fly 40%'ers like they borrowed them, with MAD skills. They put up gassers like they are foamies... really on the edge. Check out thte "BADASS Moments" vid too. Some of the bio shots from the show are shown here from a different angle... pretty cool.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Scoubidou

I am proud to announce that there is finally a show on TV just for us, that's right RCTV is on the air, I invite you all to check out some of the shows that have already made it on the air at www.XTEN.tv we are currently working some fantastic footage for the 2007 season and are looking for some of the most unique vehicles we can find, if you have something that you think we (and the world) need to see don't be shy, drop me a message here or at [email protected] with pictures special details on you vehicle and location information.
for those of you interested in the XFC's the link below will bring you to some great footage.
http://www.xten.tv/view_video.php?v...af0923de&chid=0
Old 12-08-2006, 03:38 PM
RC-TV

http://www.xten.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=e3bef5e069713af9fa6c&page=1&viewtype=&category=mv&chid=0|1|0

that is the propper link, see all our stuff and let us know what you think,